Monday, May 27, 2019

Breaker Breaker




I am finding that I draw better in my bedroom. My bedroom has a pretty nice window which gives me good light and I can set my materials on the bed and sketch. This is relatively new to me so I'm still figuring things out. But early in the day I took off and took a number of images from around my neighborhood which I thought might be fun and interesting to draw. To be honest I was cramming because I had not been sketching as I should and tomorrow is class. One to have at least one hour of drawing I could report.

In my room next to my bed I have this wooden contraption built by my occupational therapist kind of a bedside organizer. I really like it's really nice there's even a spot on the side where I can keep my hooks and sticks in. I usually keep my cell phone on the flat space on top of the organizer, no big deal but today and I don't quite know how this happened but my cell phone slept and fell down that whole on the side of the organizer which is no big deal really. I really wanted to get to the drawing so I just left the cell phone in their for the time being and of course the phone rang and really that's not a big deal either. Nobody calls me, really except Robo calls but today I felt I needed to fetch the phone because I was kind of waiting to hear a call from my brother was coming over to work on my other power chair. When my frustrations in life is that I tend to pile everything on something when I have something to pile stuff on. And so us trying to tip the organizer on its side enough so that I could get one of my sticks into the hole the pull the phone out. I should mention I have a power strip hanging off my organizer with everything electrical on that side of the room plugged into it it seems. I did not realize but I have a metal device holding up the power strip and as I pulled the organizer the metal device slid in between the plug end the year power strip and suddenly a giant flash occurred in the light above my bed turned off and then I realized my arm bike no longer function in my clock radio was flashing on and off I didn't something horrible – – once again.

Finally I got the cell phone out and filled the whole and it was my brother who would called so I called them back and he let me know he was on his way over. Since, my brother is my older brother is a lot smarter than me in a whole lot of ways. He quickly ascertained that I'd somehow tripped the breaker (I love these terms). I could not believe that every electrical socket in the bedroom was nonfunctional. The bedroom had its own breaker. I should know this stuff but I don't.. My brother said there had to be a breaker box somewhere around here but we looked and looked and we could not find one. I finally called Diana the resident advisor. The phone rang and rang and finally she got on. She sound like death warmed over I felt bad that she let me know that I indeed had a breaker box and those in the short hallway from the bedroom to the bathroom. Sure enough there it was. We gone past it several times and searching for the breaker box but there was big as Dallas. My brother flipped the breaker switch on and I had power all through the room !

I got a little sketching done by the end of the day enough I won't feel too guilty tomorrow in the class that I audit…

No comments: