Wednesday, May 15, 2019

Pay The Piper



One of my favorite memories of growing up was returning to school after the summer and gain the supply list. Paper, pencils, Elmers glue, scissors everything that goes well structured desk. I never really worried about About the financial impact outfitting me for a new school year had on the family that will multiplied it by four times when the little kids all got into school. This must've driven my parents crazy and I never knew.

I woke this morning from the Halo effect from my first day in class 4.know how long. I woke it 3:30 AM and before I could get back in the sleep my mind had shifted into full gear about things I might be sketching in my art class and how I might do these sketches are whatever. I must admit I'm a little confused. I mean I know that I'm just auditing this class but everything seems to point that I'd need to treat this like I was really expecting a grade of the best possible grade I could get which is not the case.

I had lunch today with Lori my friend who is also beginning classes soon and we figured we'd better have lunch together before we both got so busy there be no time. I should've gone earlier in the day to get my school supplies that did not. 230 are 3 o'clock I accompanied Lori to her bus stop and took the train further north To the 21st Street station than to the Blick Art shop. I was really hoping I had what I needed at the apartment but the more I read the supply list the more I needed to just get what I needed get home. I need the big tablet, and one of those big carrying cases that art majors always seem to have. Charcoals, pencils, erasers and a clipboard (again, I thought I had a clipboard that was suffice but it's too small I find). The reason I met the Blick shop is because the community college did not have the supplies needed for the class which I thought was kind of strange. Mr. Carley, the instructor, indicated that sometimes campus art store will have the whole packet stuck together that you need for the course. That would've made sense if Mr. Carley at action set down and requested such packages be put together with the obviously did not. Therefore I hoped the 21st St. store would have what I needed. They had everything pretty much except for large clipboard which I will have to wait until their order comes in means another trip. I still have to get a few more things to fully integrate in the class. I knew this was going to cost more than anticipated. Don't know why I was shocked and surprised when I got my bill $60 plus! I guess somewhere in my past that heard how expensive an art major was but I didn't pay much attention, now I do. Luckily, I've kept my credit card paid to zero which means I can absorb this unplanned for cost readily but I wish I did not have to. Then I got to thinking why am I being so literal in getting these materials when I'm just auditing the class I mean does it even matter if I turn anything in? I just need to sit there and enjoy the lecture and watch the other folks squirm I assume. So to that end I maybe just about finished with my expenditures for art this summer term. I kind of doubt will be in autumn term.…

No comments: