Friday, May 03, 2019

Riding Rough Butt Riding Safe





I'm sorry to continue harping on this issue of my damage chair but, I want to convey to the reader how important this mechanical device is to me in my independence. I wasn't sure what I was going to do but I knew I had imitations on just what I could do because of the weaknesses of the power chair I'm using. However, it was a bright and beautiful morning with great promise. After I was finished with my home healthcare person, Dana, I was stressed to me to go. Cleaned up the dishes and had a meager breakfast, had not lost as much weight as I would like to have.in fact, I didn't lose any weight I gained .2 of a kilogram! I'm glad it was only this much weight but with as much denials I have practiced in the last couple of days I thought sure I would be losing something. I've decided to weigh myself now on Fridays, only Fridays no longer every time I bathe as I have been doing. Dana says that's the only way to check on if you really are gaining our losing body mass/weight.

I was somewhat challenged because there was a DRAC meeting this afternoon at 1 o'clock and I really didn't want to go. They're just cannot talk about the stupid race which I really don't support and I think things are little weird but anyway. I figure had a pretty good excuse to blame my chair and not sure if it was going to strand me are not somewhere out of the system. Actually I am beginning to believe in the chair again. I seem to be learning how to move the toggle around without the chair stopping. I did however place a call into the chair repair shop and thank goodness Dr. Reddy had finally sent the documents I needed. I am talking to the shop foreman, Cameron, and I conveyed to him how concerned I was about this chair and its reliability. I was pleased when he told me that today was kind of slow and if I could be over to their shop by 12 o'clock they be willing to see me and have the technicians check to see what needed to be done. I was almost giddy not only could I get my chair checked out and finally know what I am working with but I also have a great excuse for jetting the meeting. Granted, getting out to 11520 South Redwood Rd. is quite a trek I had a full charge in my butt felt reasonably safe.

It was nice to be out writing the system, brilliant sunshine and warmer weather made the day enjoyable. I could or should of one long sleeves rather than a short sleeve shirt but I still got around okay. However my butt begin to get sore from all the rocking and rolling. We took the tape off this morning and never got any more put back on. I really need that second protection. Have to take it easy weekend. I was amazed I was given a technician who really knew what he was doing. He did ascertain that my controller was pretty messed up it seems I may have gotten some moisture underneath are in the small computer and the controller body which was causing the problems I was having. I was amazed because they offered me a “loner” controller until they could get the authorizations needed for a new controller for my power chair as well as some other major rehabilitations that the chair definitely needs. The technician tighten this, replaced that put a bolt here screwed something in their and had me tell to place numerous times trying to figure out what was causing metal filings all over the body of my chair. As I had figured out on my own I somehow bent the metal on my chair and it rubs every time I tilt back in my chair. The chair's even after all the bolts been tightened and replaced was still tugging a bit to the left as I went back and I was cautioned to do that only if I needed. I'm so pleased to have a working controller that will not leave me stranded. I really believe the trade-off is worthwhile and the best part is I must've had an hour and a half of work done on my chair one where the other plus once the insurance approves requests (and my technician believes they well) I will essentially have a reconditioned chair which if I ever get a new chair this chair will be a great backup chair and I'll have a cushion that will hopefully save my butt…

No comments: