Monday, May 20, 2019

Monday Musings





Well it's official the novelty of being in class I think has finally worn off. How I know that? Is that this morning when my home health person came she drug in this big-box that is been outside my door for I don't know how long. Probably since early this morning since yesterday was Sunday. It could've been delivered late last night but I didn't check or have been outside my door since midafternoon yesterday. Anyway, this is the big clipboard 26” x 23 ” board that I need for my drawing class. This will take the larger tablet I “had to” get to be part of the class. I assume you know that last bit is a bit of IRONY since really I don't have to do anything for my class because I'm auditing. However, I want to feel part of the group I think that's part of the reason I elected to return to school. I am hoping and praying that the board inside the carryall will make it easier for me to get back and forth to school. I took the instructor's advice and tore out a few sheets from the huge tablet of paper and I think the clipboard well make a big difference getting back and forth. I really tried to make the paper look more uniform when in the clamps on the clipboard but I can't get the paper to Conformed to my needs – – oh well. I can see why some of the students got a less thick tablet so that you keep everything together. I kind of feel classripping the sheets out is going to make a very messy drawing class.

Yesterday, I also fixed zipper pulls to the portfolio and to the small bag that came with the portfolio to house my pencils and other art media which I things conical. Was a bit of a challenge with the zipper pulls and I'm going to have to get more fishing leader but I have enough to keep me going for a while even if I get more shorts like I'm anticipating for the summer.

I've been doing some sketchiness I should homework wise and I'm beginning to worry, not a whole lot, but I'm sensing that the instruction that I'm getting is good take away from my fundamental brutality of art that I was practicing and which was reinforced by my friend in the Netherlands. I like to think I could prevent this from happening but as I learn I can sense that I'm losing my ability to use my brute-ness as part of my art. Of course that may be the real artist trait would be to then draw as the brute artist that I was/am… I don't know if that makes much sense of destiny right now I suppose that's all it matters.

I have been having Gail my cleaning person come twice a month and now for whatever reason I do not know (I think because the drying class) that the chaos in the apartment seems to be building much quicker. So I'm thinking of going instead of two weeks a month to every other week and to see if we can control the entropy.…

No comments: