Saturday, May 11, 2019

Oops I Did it Again!




andhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CduA0TULnow


I cannot help but think of little Britney Spears so many years ago when she came out with her torrid “Oops I Did it Again” single and video. It seems that I have done it again and just trying to not get overly discouraged.

A few months ago, I know less than a year, my son Mark Anthony who works as a computer tech support and other things advised me that he could get me a good deal on a used laptop that his company was liquidating. And he came through for a couple hundred bucks I got a really nice little laptop computer very durable and fun to enjoy. I totally of course underutilized the machine and have been using the machine primarily as a tool for listing to podcasts, Netflix movies, and some music and to write with to some degree. I totally love the machine not only from the writing standpoint but that Mark Anthony got me a pretty decent deal. However, I have destroyed it as I have done to so many other items that I cherish our really like. I guess this is just my nature. To be honest, I am rightly and truly surprised that I have not mangled and crushed this little computer before yesterday. Perhaps, the destruction would've happened had I not been using the computer mainly in my bedroom where I have my arm bike. I listen to podcasts on the computer as I work out. As though how things happen I have dropped the system for or five times.

I have this wooden stand built for me by my occupational therapist Casey. I keep this piece of furniture next to my bed where I have my medications many of my sticks and other things that I need close by. There's a space on the stand that I have been keeping my computer, folded when I'm not using, but the space is very precarious and I've dropped the computer a number of times there. Yesterday however I was trying to reach something on my bed and I did not realize I was as close to the computer cord as I was and of course, the machine got caught up in my back wheels, unbeknownst to me. As I backed away I heard the crash, a flooded crash, as the machine hit the floor of the bedroom. Typically, and I'm very surprised that the machine to my knowledge is not incurred any real lasting damage. But yesterday the machine came down on its edge corner edge and that was enough to burst the hinges on the side making the screen – top somewhat precarious. I don't know if it can be readily fixed. The machine itself seems to work well enough for what I use it for: writing and entertainmentbut just appears to be more fragile than before and I'm sure as. I'm sure I can take it in and have the top of the computer replaced but then I'm also sure that I would run into one of those arguments that it would be cheaper for me to purchase a new system completely then dump money into this one. Granted, this system is somewhat sentimental it being a project that I worked with Mark Anthony to get but Mark Anthony appreciates getting something new in the area of technology. So I'm going to of course try to get the machine repaired is much as it can be and utilize it as much as I can but not look this event as a heartbreaking is an option to go forward and utilize the heck out of it all I can ensure there's some sort of life lesson here…

No comments: