Friday, May 31, 2019

Driver Less



I have really not been all that interested in this new phase of transportation that's begin to hit America and possibly the world. The whole concept of self driving vehicles. The whole argument seems certain like Buck Rogers in the 21st century or whatever that was. I just couldn't figure who would really do something like a driverless vehicle.

I've been doing pretty good last couple years, living on my own here on Redwood Road thankful for the convergence of two or three accessible bus routes. I've gotten to where I want to go probably 90% of the time. I mean that's really quite amazing. I pretty much made my meetings, on the movies, Gonda restaurants met people for lunches out. Granted I still have a vehicle and that vehicle still runs and that vehicle is licensed in the state of Utah trouble is I am not. You will remember I don't know how many years ago on that fateful Sunday afternoon or morning When I got my vehicle stock and the video store, you remember those when we used to rent videotape movies that you had to take back. I was taking a video back in drove over a concrete block got stuck. That was the same year that my license expired and I let the license expire. I was still married at the time but Dianne seemed okay with chauffeuring me around whenever I needed a vehicle or go somewhere like a family function especially on holidays or weekends when the bus service didn't work. But I was a major mistake giving up my license for a host of reasons the probably most my independence. Last year I probably dumped more than $2000 into the vehicle I own not only for insurance but for general maintenance for the use of the vehicle for two days over our family reunion. That's not wise. I need to get rid of that vehicle. Right now the vehicle is back parking lot before I live in I love to go out and hang by the vehicle and read and enjoy the heat reflected off its white side. It's sort of my anchor to my former life I need to let go like a spirit needs to let go of its former life/body and get on with where spirits go with a separate from this physical reality.

Like I was saying however, I haven't paid much attention to the whole concept of driverless vehicles until the other day are more accurately the other morning lying in bed. For some reason it came to me almost as in a vision that wow! If I had the driverless vehicle it would be just like having a regular vehicle with a driver! How simple is this? I would have all the benefits of vehicle ownership and have a way to get around with that vehicle and not drive but not have to have someone else drive. This just blew me away everything made sense. Now, I am really trying to closely follow the driverless vehicle phenomenon. I doubt that I would ever get are well get a driverless vehicles but I like to think about it that would truly be the next step for people with disabilities in trying to get around. I would think about it some more…

No comments: