Sunday, May 26, 2019

Harmon's, Zabar's… It's All The Same



Remember in yesterday's blog? I had talked about another part of the dream that I had just before waking about someone giving pizza a bad name? Will this morning I don't know why but I kind of tripped over the last part of that dream as I lay in bed contemplating rising. I don't have the entirety of the concept that the dream that I had something to do with Harmons market Or just Harman's is a spectacular market here in Salt Lake – – if there are high-end markets, and there are Harman's is indeed one Such market. There is a Harmon's very close to the Regal theaters they share the same parking lots. Often I will go to Harmon's before I go to the movie just to make sure I have something to munch on beside sugar. I love their bakery and sometimes wander through the bakery just to smell the bread's. The produce is beyond report and I often like to sit in the little café setting they have and watch the clientele of this beautiful place. While I was employed with the state in downtown Salt Lake they opened up their downtown megastore which is just as beautiful and just as high-end. I'm sure they thought I was a homeless/bigger guy when I would show up there for lunch as I often did. The place is expensive but a joy.

The downtown Harman's in many ways reminds me of Zabar's the deli grocery store in New York City. Those who love Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan in “You Got Mail” will remember that beautiful market they were in when shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. Zabar's is famous on the west side of New York City in the place to shop. I doubt that I'll ever get there but sometimes I'm in Harman's I pretend that I am shopping at Zabar's in the city. It's a wonderful fantasy.

I was really hoping that writing about my lost memory/stream would stimulate a thought process to finish out my blog suffice it to say the blog is just a blog. I was doing something in Harman's what I don't know maybe if nothing else I was just feeling secure in the orders and visual delights of a market much like to cater to those who love to spend money and knows how to do it. I finished the book by Studs Terkel today. It was an interesting read I stuck it through to the end all 640+ pages. I think it was helpful in dealing with my coming demise. The volume dealt with interviews Studs had done with many people around the world 70+ years old. I thought it was great to see what they thought about the end and their feelings about crossing over in their near future. It helped/helps as I consider the great crossing hub I just do it with is not style as these guys. Seriously, I hope I don't have to really comes to grips with this anytime soon after all and 68. I hope, I hope I have many months if not years left and maybe just maybe someday I'll go to Zabar's for real…


No comments: