Thursday, May 16, 2019

Second Thoughts?



Boy, I woke up this morning having second thoughts about art class. Actually the second thoughts started yesterday when I picked up my art supplies, or part of my art supplies. I bought most of the big items yesterday the tablet, and art bag, a few pencils and my toll is about 67 bucks. As I wrote yesterday luckily I had space on my credit card put this purchase on. I had the salesperson hang the bag on the back of my chair to get home and I really didn't deal with it again until I went to bed but I noticed the bag and slid all the way down the back of my chair was kind of dragging on the ground. I was not able to free the bag until this morning right before I got up. My art bags heavy! The bag is heavy and awkward maybe when I get a big clipboard in it and will give it a little bit more sturdiness right now it's a real pain in the butt to try to tote around. I just have to find the clipboard now. I have to admit I was a little bit discouraged trying to get from the apartments to the college and negotiating the bus and my art bag.

As I made my way to class this morning I noted that I didn't necessarily need to bring the whole bag probably just the clipboard in my pencils and stuff. When the ideas that the instructor gave yesterday was just using a few pieces of paper at a time on the clipboard therefore not having to lug around the huge amount of paper. This is not a half bad idea. The class itself was less than totally rewarding the kind rewarding. A guy do some workarounds on the big bag put on some zipper pulls in such should make it easier to work with. Need sharpen my pencils and dig up my erasers then I'll feel more at ease I believe.

This was not an exercise but I don't know what else to call it but the instructor had everybody displayed the sketches they had been working on since we met on Tuesday. Everybody had to turn their “horse” around with their work on display and then we had to go around and look at everybody's work as they explained the piece or pieces as they had their turn. It was kind of fun. I got a fairly decent critique from the instructor but now I wish had done more and work harder at the pieces I produced. Maybe this coming Tuesday I'll feel more accomplished. We actually sketched today. We sketched the skull took about an hour under still not done. I found this pretty difficult. I want to blame my disability as far as holding a pencil, sketching and then sketching what I'm supposed to be sketching and have a look halfway decent. And I must remember this is a class and I'm learning to do this stuff so it is going to be weird at first until I can get some skills down. Yes, like I said I didn't think it was going to be easy but I didn't think taking an art class was going to be be this hard either. And maybe I'm just feeling inadequate arts the first-time jitters as I figure out how to transport all the stuff I need to back-and-forth the class. I think I've done the major cash outlay for the class but is true now I appreciate art majors a lot more. They really did have to put out a lot of money for their materials. I did overhear a lot of my fellow classmates talking about how expensive it was for them and how difficult it was going to be but they just seem to cringe and go with it again I can appreciate this I did my cringing as well…

No comments: