Saturday, May 25, 2019

You give Pizza a Bd Name

 Click me

I'm getting close to 3000 published posts to this blog which kind of amazes me. Two things stand out most in my mind one is that I been added for at least 3000 days (which actually is longer because I know I've lost a year or two somewhere along the line, it seems to me) and probably even more important that I thought of that many items to write about. Sometimes I get a little lazy and my blog ends up More of a journal entry as a blog posting. You know where I just run down and enumerate everything I've done that day – – sort of like yesterday's post. Sometimes, I get worried that I'm going to dry up and not have anything to write about. I doubt if I would characterize this as “writers block” but something like that not been able to come up with “new” material. I remember when I first started out doing blogs house working at the State and would take a few minutes every day to do the blog before I started out on my regular work agenda. I told people this was my way of getting warmed up for the day and they bought it. It seems I'm, for the most part, more fresh in the morning and topics seem to come easier to me or maybe it's that was just because I was young in my mind and/brain was more elastic press now I'm sure it's very plastic. But recently, I've been doing this technique of if I wake during the night or early morning before I get up and I'm still thinking about things and even remembering things of my dream state I have to recognize decent material to blog about. My problem is trying to anchor this idea as a memory think I'll on later. I have to write it down to make it viable. I have found that since I keep a cell phone close to my bed for emergencies that I can just dictate a few sentences often in the return to those sentences during the day for a full blog entry. This works most of the time.

Last night/early this morning around 3 AM I woke and had a great idea and not so great idea. I was sleepy and I was tired, is that redundant? Anyway, I didn't write the first idea down. I kept going over over and over in my mind trying to build a memory that I could latch onto later on. Somewhere deep down I knew the second that I became more conscious and didn't write this down I would lose it entirely. I lost it. The second thought I had was coming out of the dream and I heard the strands of the Bon Jovi classic “you gave love a bad name”. However instead of love my brain was focused on the term pizza… “You give pizza a bad name”. For some reason this it seemed hilarious to me in my early morning stupor as I reached over and grabbed my cell phone and dictated the phraseology. I was so intrigued that I even pulled up the song by Bon Jovi and played through before going back to sleep. I was not overly fond of Bon Jovi are their music but I have to admit I often found myself quietly rocking out the major pieces of their music. My sister-in-law, Sheelan, (if you go to the search section at the front of the blogHer name you will see a fairly decent micro-biography of my sweet sister In law's, She She. SheShe loved Bon Jovi And I don't know a student on purpose but her hair looked just like the musicians I still miss Sheelan Terribly…

No comments: