Monday, May 13, 2019

School Jitters

  
CT138 is on the right looks forlorn


I did it, I finally got myself registered for school! This is been quite a challenge for me but I noticed yesterday that classes are actually starting today! I couldn't believe it I thought I had until next week. But no it was today-actually, the class I'm interested in begins Tuesday morning at 8 AM (I know that's redundant but it's good effect). I really didn't want to saddle up and get on campus but I thought I better if I'm serious about exploring this opportunity to draw are to learn to draw correctly. I figure if nothing else I can make sure that I'm registered and then find out for sure which building my class well be in and find the room.

I was kind of surprised, maybes because classes resume today in its summer quarter or summer school are however they designate classes offered over the summer. There were about the same number of vehicles in the parking areas that were there on Friday or Thursday when I was there last. There are a few more kids in the student union area in the cafeteria but not many. But I circled the perimeter a few times then zeroed in on the registrars office where where I can find out about my class and whether I was in it or not. Turns out that I am. I have until the end of May to pay my “tuition” I don't know what the call is if you are not degree oriented but I have till the end of May. I guess this is good because if I start class and I don't like it I at least is not paid for it. I'm a little nervous and a little bummed just because I elected to take a Tuesday Thursday class at 8 AM. This is going to cause me to miss my Assist, Inc. meetings when they have them and my coffee group on Thursday mornings not really a problem at least as the coffee group goes. I am a little concerned about missing my volunteer commitment to Assist. We'll have to see how plays out. The big problem now is I don't know if I'm going to be able to actually go to the classes. Over the weekend and I believe because of the cushion issuesI have been having I'm experiencing skin breakdown. I seem to have a pressure sore, a decubitus ulcer Grrr. I'm kind of in the denial of how serious this might be. I had my home health person, Dana, take me up this morning when she looked at it in the plan is to see if it gets worse and if the ulcer does get worse take an image of it and send it to my care provider. I don't have a lot of faith in my care provider but will have to go through the process. I just need to get another cushion and now I need to heal up this won't. I'm trying to press releases much as I can. I should be in bed I know but the days are just too damn nice now to sacrifice. I know I'll pay the price in the end (excuse the pun). Life goes on and so do I.

So, I find out that Intro To Drying is in room 138 of the C T building.I was hoping that the CT had some exotic meaning like cosmos technology or something but I found that it was Construction Trade. Oh well, the building houses the room and the room houses the knowledge. However I did find out for the building was and headed over there. It was kind of eerie because there was hardly anyone in the building primarily construction folks, and no that's not a joke, there's some sort of building going on. I had a hard time finding the room and finally I did at the end of the hallway that looked really uninviting and almost frightening and vocational sort of way. The door was locked in the Windows too high for me to look through but I can't imagine this room having art class. But we shall see. Tomorrow at 8 AM when this class starts I plan to be there bright smiling trying not to aggravate my butt…

No comments: