Thursday, May 09, 2019

Happy Birds Happy Day



I always next to Pat at the coffee group. Pat drives his big old three wheeler that she loves think she's the cats meow and that's okay. Pat always thought she was the cats meow but that's okay that's the way Pat is and we love her. Today she was talking about her arthritis she made a comment about how she was awake early not because she wanted to be because her arthritis is making her are not letting her sleep and I can appreciate that the entirely. I seem to be living on ibuprofen these days.

I don't know what it is but about a week ago a week and a half some of my teeth became sensitive to hot and cold and typically that's not a big deal but I'm losing my teeth little bit by little bit and so there's not a lot of teeth left specially for masticating and a lot of things I masticate our cold or can be. Again the same pain at the food items hot as well so there you have it almost a checkmate. If I can tolerate the pain long enough I guess the tooth becomes accustomed but waiting for that customization can be somewhat challenging. And the pain is his upper and lower mouth twice so I'm kind of stuck. I know, I need to head back to the dentist's office by really trying to put that off as long as I can which maybe kind of stupid actually. The point that I'm getting to is that at night before I turn in for the night now I'm downing two ibuprofen in the hopes of the ibuprofen to get in killing the pain until I drift off. The pain is not not horrendous is not like I'm writhing around on the floor in agony. Just a long slow steady burn the pain I can endure up to a point. I don't even think it's the fear of dental intrusion, which used to be the big factor, now I just do want to incur any more debt that I absolutely have to.

So this morning around 5 AM I think it was my second awakening of the morning, I woke to the scene of the birds. I still have my window shut so for the birds to radiate through the window they need to be singing their brains out and that's cool I love to hear them. There was a dull pain in my mouth nothing significant enough to make me focus on the pain and wishing that I had put a few ibuprofen out the night before that I could ingest and maybe get back to sleep. Maybe tonight I'll be proactive enough. And since were talking about the need for ibuprofen, I too sometimes awaken not to arthritis pain but the pain caused by lying too long in one position on the bed. I assume this pain is similar to Pats pain as far asmuscular and skeletal discomfort go. I try not to dwell too long on the discomfort trying not to get all worried about what if this is the way it is for the rest of my life. I move around a little bit as best I can on the mattress I even find that if I move the mattress up and down I can actually push by weight to other portions of my body taking the sensitivity of the ache out of the equation.

I listen to the birds and really and truly thankful, truly thankful, to have another day to deal with all the issues and perplexities that each day gives me. I even do a body check out and find I'm doing okay except for the possible issue with my mouth. I turn on my cell phone radio and Stream NPR's Morning Edition and listen to the radio in the world to the top of the hour and see my legs out of bed and slide into my chair for another glorious day…

No comments: