Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Miracle Consequences



I will finish telling of the events of yesterday since yesterday's input was about the miracle now I will talk about the consequences of the miracle.

I was in bed and just thankful to gotten to bed without intervention of the fire department are calling my brother. Now I was worried about the next morning and getting out of bed. I didn't sleep well because I came up with a plan. I plugged my power chair in the hopes that if I let the chair charge all night in the off position that perhaps the following morning everything would be fixed it would kind of reboot itself. I tried a test of turning the power chair on and off it did not work I knew I would have to call my brother that would have to be early since she goes in to work early so I didn't want to sleep past the time. So I slept poorly in the morning I texted my brother. I was conscious of his time so I had him disengage the clutches on the power chair cushion over and move the other chair next to my bed. He asked if he could help me make my transfer over but I said I wanted to sleep some more I try to. Carl left my try to get back to sleep but I finally realized I was up for the day is going to make the transfer. I really tried to have things in order for the transfer and of course the transfer failed. Got three quarters of my body on to the chair but for one reason or another I cannot get the rest of my leg on and I slipped between the mattress and my chair. I thought I was being clever and I tried to tilt my chair back hoping to lift myself up high enough to get back on the bed that did not work and spasms pushed my legs further underneath the chair and that was that I knew I was not going to save myself though I tried for about 45 minutes and luckily I still had access to my cell phone and I called 911.

I'm so enamored with 911 they really are great. I was in no stress to speak of except that was hanging off the bed but nothing was going to happen. The operator noted that my voice eventually hung up after she dispatched the crew to pick me up. It was not a long wait still I was surprised when they walked in. Very easily they left me on the bed may even my shorts on. They did set me back in my chair as well I was still little scatting office but I was in my chair for the day. I had them put one of them spare cushions in the chair in hopes that it would be large enough to cover my next transfer. I stay close to the apartments all day. The chair, the backup chair, I'm thankful for it but really is a piece of crap. I have no way to keep myself strapped in the control box on it is a little squarely as well is the power for the pedals are hit and miss and the Christian is really paying for my butt after a while. I made it to the day however tilting back and using the left as much as I could. However, I was confident enough to actually run my rent check down the box as well as write the kid letters and get them all written and typed waiting for cash for the one dollar bills for the girls. I spent the day trying to put pressure on wheelchair shop in the doctor's office but really nothing was accomplished. As always tomorrow.

I don't have a keeper on the end of my seatbelt and my backup chair and I want to see if I get it fixed so I had Carl, over plus I needed him to do some shopping for me since I didn't trust that chair in my butt in it for any protection law and I don't want to break skin. So, Carl came over and as we were working on my chair by regular power chair the one that didn't work and guess what the chair works now! I don't know for how long but I was so happy to be able to transfer back in my chair. I don't know if I have enough faith in this chair get me through to the book club tomorrow. I just want to hang close until I can get this control box thing resolved. I don't think the second thing was a miracle I think it was just electronics going awry. But I'm in the power chair I'm using it and will use it until it goes wacko again and then I'll go wacko again but is not what it's all about…?

No comments: