Wednesday, May 08, 2019

Knee Deep In The Hoopla




I have Amazon prime I must admit and I'm using it more and more every month it seems like. I got it primarily because Dianne, my ex-wife, invested in Amazon prime and I never really realized how great a deal that was and how much a person could enjoy the options offered. So once I got into my new unit I ordered Prime and have enjoyed every bit. Sometimes I get a little over whelmed with how many video choices I have and how few the a choices are really worth the time to view but all in all I use Amazon prime way too much. Amazon Prime, one is their features, is music. One can certainly enroll in one of Amazons music programs or just use the basic options through Amazon Prime. I'm beginning to use more and more of this feature. This morning for instance I chose to play some sort of superlative music of the 70s.

I'm always amazed at how such a good time machine music is. This morning I hit “rock music of the 70s” and was soon listening to a complete album of Jefferson Starship, in all their glory! I'd actually moved to Salt Lake to start work because to my kids in 1984. My second wife ,Denise was a huge fan of anything San Francisco_ where she had gone to school. I don't quite remember when they got the CD-ROM of Jefferson starship but it seemed like the CD was playing all the time during our brief courtship. Especially “We Built This City”. The second that song starts I'm immediately sucked back to my little house 614 E. third South Salt Lake City. This is particularly true from the starship phase of this classical rock group. If I want to take the “airplane” then all I have to do is pull up White Rabbit and once again I'm down the rabbit hole to the 60s and even further trip back in time but is enjoyable and totally mystical.

Amazon Prime is incredible and I can't believe how much I have under utilizes this fantastic music service. Not only great rock 'n roll playlists from anywhere within the rock 'n roll regimen to full music as well as an incredible classic collection. Typically, I am not a person who has music going on in the background all the time. This character flaw has driven my ex-wives and other individuals who live in music crazy. I tried to listen to music via my cell phone with headsets or whatever and I just can't keep everythings going. I see these people on the train and everywhere else with headphones plugged in, rocking out to something and I can't figure out how they do it I know I can't.

What is cool is that I have Amazon Prime not only on my computer here at the house but I also, of course have access to this service via my cell phone as well is my tablets. So I have music with me everywhere when I can remember to utilize it, to try to find a set of buds I have not destroyed, plug-in and be transported to another point in time when I pushed my own chair and were younger man's clothes.

No comments: