Tuesday, June 01, 2021

1078275

 



I would not say today was a major success but I would say I made some fairly decent strides towards regaining some control of my life over my technology hysteria which has freaked me out so much over the last week or so. We had to use the new left this morning. Remember, we try to use it yesterday but the battery rundown well I charged the battery all night. We had great juice for the lift the only problem now was the stupid sling. The sling which is a six strap sling which makes with the overhead rack on the boom of lift. Very complicated and cumbersome at the very best trying to put that around me lift me up inserted device and then set me on the toilet. A long story short is that it was a marginal success. My home health person I'm sure hates me second only to the lift I don't know how much longer she can take it or I could take her bitching and moaning about how difficult working with this lift is. My goal today was to get Frank, the lift, functional again which means I would have to figure out why the battery does not seem to be charging. I thought it was a bad battery so I looked up a battery store and there is one on Redwood Road so after I'd gotten them of my business this morning I went out and jumped a bus and soon I was at Batteries Plus. The service guy was great they basically told me that I had a good battery is that 97% charge so that was not my problem he also said the charger I had brought in with me was also good in that my problem was neither the battery are the charger which means to me that the only thing left was the stuff on the lift itself which I later found out was called the lift controller box (Duhh!). So having rolled out those two issues I was left only to call Invacare the company that built my lift.


I swear I forgot how bad being put on hold was when calling along distance toll free number “Helpline”. After waiting 24 minutes in numerous repetitions of the same stupid announcement of a program starting in June 2020 I finally got tech online. He was great I told him what my issues were in a few minutes he basically told me that I had lost a resistor in my controller box. He had me read the serial number on the left, after I found it which was really difficult. I was surprised as a loophole that number of the side of the motor very small print for an old guy. It seems my left was built 20 some years ago according to the number. He also told me I could fix the problem by getting a new controller box which I would have to do from eBay, Amazon or some other Internet possibility. I was so pleased to know the exact number of the box 1078275. So much information and that number. I guess the price is going to be about $160 but I guess that's not bad compared to what could be. It'll take a couple days to get in then I found the boys U C A T will actually install the item once I get the controller box in. I feel I've solved a major problem – – only to a degree because I'm sure will have to suffer Melanie's objections every time we have to use the new lift. If it gets too bad or she flat out quits all have to get a hold of our friend Joe, at the agency, and find someone who's got skills on using the six strap slingI'm not sure my head off at the same time…

No comments: