Sunday, June 20, 2021

Sunday – – Father's Day – – first day of summer

 



Number of things going on today, this could be a very busy Sunday, but the big day, if you call it a big day is Father's Day. This also the last day of spring and the beginning of summer. But for me this was also the day that I have breakfast with my son and sometimes granddaughter. We were able to roll the Sunday morning breakfast into a Father's Day tribute at the same time. We usually meet around 8 o'clock in the morning and surprisingly we never have an issue finding a place to sit at our favorite restaurant Dee's. I think even on Mother's Day we found our table probably mostly because it was early in the morning comparatively speaking. I have to admit however today that was a little more crowded than usual as I got to the restaurant early enough to stake out a table. Our regular table was not available because some large family group had requested table set up for them which took quite four tables and pretty much compromised our area. The did find is a table and it was just the three of us so it worked out just fine. We had our meal and then we visited for a significant amount of time until I began to feel uncomfortable as the morning rush and more specifically the Father's Day rush began to materialize.


I sent Mark and Jasmine on their way both were tired and needed some rest. I appreciated them taking time to visit with the old guy and celebrate an American economic miracle called Father's Day I doubt that it's anything compared to Mother's Day, Father's being who they are. I got very nice gifts some candy and T-shirt which excites me greatly in the great card. No barbecues, picnics are family dinners masquerading as Father's Day banquets. That's okay. I found the theater times and there was a movie at 1:15 PM which gave me time to mess around the apartment work on my word puzzle and get out to the bus stop. I was kind surprised when I got to the movies about a half an hour before they were to begin and the whole building was still locked up. Looks like there were lights and such on the inside but the doors are locked up tight. Give me time to head down to the dollar store to pick up some candy contraband space to speak into the theater: juicy fruits and milk duds.


By the time Iback another person had shown up and was trying the doors and he asked me if they are open I told him my story but actually one of the employees showed up proving to us the place was going to open up. She called somebody on her cell and soon the door was open. Oh I didn't tell you, they don't have anybody in the cashier booth the just buy your tickets, for those who don't buy their tickets via their cell phones/Internet opportunities. I like to do money old-fashioned way what really shocked me was she basically told me she didn't want to take my cash she wanted me to use the credit card. She looked at me with big brown eyes and said “if you don't have a credit card I will take your money I guess but we prefer not to have any cash to deal with” I use my credit card. I didn't invest in popcorn and drink and the movie and drink cost for $22 and a few pennies. Crazy. I still like cash my stockpile a little of it not enough to help when the apocalypse that's but enough to get me going in the movie if I push it…

No comments: