Friday, June 25, 2021

Lift Update

Okay Everybody I can report I finally have a workable lift! On Tuesday I got a quasi-commitment from the maintenance director here at the apartment complex – – Ted that he would come in switch the harness brackets on the lifts that I have. Taking the one from the first lift to quit working the Arjo  which has the best sling to work with and is the most simple to attach to the left. I explained to him but need to be done if you said there would be relatively easy to do and said he would get it into his workday but never showed up. I cannot fault him because it's not like I was paying for the service or anything and he was doing it sunrise of favor to me. Still I wish you lived let me know. Was given little desperate at this point because I really wanted to make my home health person a little less despond and that lift and sling that were currently trying to use just totally defeats her.I really feel her self-concept is not the best anyway but then it gets sold negative Welch tries to use this freaky sling that I just want to get a better situation going. So I am to call my brother Carl who of course came over and was able to put the lift carriage from the Arjo and put on the lift. Surprisingly this maneuver that being relatively easy for him. At the time I do are felt that something was wrong when I couldn't put my finger on it but we put it on the lift. It was only this morning that when I got up and looked at the lift realized we put the rack on backwards. I was so bummed out it was 7 o'clock and my aide disposed to be here at 8 o'clock when I called my brother anyway just to see sure enough he came right over and by 7:55 AM it made the switch and was gone back to work. Oddly, very rarely does Melanie show up before eight 815 or 8:30 AM today she was here aat 7:45 AM Which is perfect. I really needed her to come early because today I'm going to Dianne on a bus adventure the Home Depot. I needed to be able be to the bus stop by 10 AM. It seems like long time that really is a especially when you have the deal with the new power chair that so hard dress in. I must report the left worked like a dream. If the left now was just a bit smaller or rather had shorter legs it would be almost perfect. The legs are still quite gangly and I'm amazed at her ability to move be around in the left to get me situated on the commode etc. But we did today quicker and with less stress than for months now. I don't think my lift wars over by any measure as I would like to get the Invacare left operational with the Arjo rack. The Invacare has quite conservative legs is a lot easier lift all the way around for my health person to use.I know it is very exciting but it's not update as much sex griped about this whole issue I figured there were some minds it really want to know the result.…

No comments: