Monday, June 07, 2021

Lift Issues

Lift

 



I'm really not very happy with this Lift of all. I'm glad I did not sink any money into this device that I feel really bad. I don't even remember if I commented on this lift in an earlier blog, I guess I could check but I'm too lazy right now. But, the word was out that was looking for a lift and that I was desperate. The the lift I had been using for our last couple years Well, ever since my stenosis operations which left me a near invalid. My old boss has information about her wanting to technology, assistive technology, and wondered know if I want to take advantage of the lift program which of course I said yes.


I now have, technically, three lifts at the apartment and at this point in time the most used lift is the new lift. It took some finagling and fast talking but I was able to get the lift in about three weeks which I things pretty darn fast. I fully expected this, being a new left, would work like a charm, be a delight to use and have at least toileting and bathing being the least of our problems. How naïve can I be at 70 years old? I don't know if this lift is a bad left or over the lift in general is a bad left or am I just a bad person? The rack itself, that contraption that hangs at the end of the boom Has six books that have a spring-loaded latch over each and is a bit of a nightmare to try to attach the straps. The sling has six straps may be eight now that I ponder that sling. The sling is positioned around me with me sitting in my chair then Melanie and I try to snap the loops over the snaps. The first couple of days were monstrously complicated and confusing. Then after the training from Joe – – I did write about this – – things became a bit easier. Anyway, we did the training with Joe on Friday. We use the live twice and I know that that battery was charged full. Anyway this morning, when we went to lift me up to lift was unresponsive. Melanie worked and worked the buttons on the pendant and on the tower and the left would not operate. I'd not sure what Melanie did but suddenly the lift was operational and she was able to lift me up over the toilet and the lift became unresponsive at that point. We cursed and we swore and managed to get the lift operational long enough to hoist me up and move me over the toilet and then the lift stopped operating. Luckily I was where I was at it was another 20 or 40 minutes before I was set down and that was after we stretch the charging cable from the wall to the lift charging box. We were able to charge the machine for probably 1520 minutes and we were a little hesitant about trying to use the lift them but it was either that or me contacting the fire department or someone else to get me out of the swing. The sling worked but just barely. Melanie is just about ready to quit me as a caregiver but she also has to acknowledge that she's gotten swifter and better with each exposure to using this beast. Not that she'll ever really like the lift The last couple of uses only shows that she can learn the system and use the lift if we have to. There's issues with the lift the fact that it won't hold a charge for more than one day means and going to have to keep it plugged in all the time which is doable list just a pain in the butt the whole lift is just a pain in the butt and that is what my home health person, Melanie told me hundred times this morning… If she told me once

No comments: