Friday, June 18, 2021

Beginning Of Order… Hopefully

 

I know it doesn't look much cleaner but compare the image was yesterday's post and you'll see a significant difference


One of the things, I know, I'm really guilty of this blog is making a statement or comment and never really following up with its completion or the status of that particular consequence or event. Will part two of the saga of chaos in the apartment is me actually working on clean up the mess all day yesterday and getting a lot of the stuff off the floor but there is a whole tray of paper items, bills letters etc. that I just couldn't get up off the floor. I suppose I could've actually taking one of the boxes and scooted everything into the box then lifted up but I never did. Knowing that this morning was my regular home health day I just had Melanie pick up the tray of papers and put it on a chair that I be able to work off of. Which I just be my chore for the weekend, maybe.


As I've mentioned before Melanie and other home health professionals often do some light housekeeping as they wait for their client to do their business. The Melanie does a good job and I've watched her results over the months that she's been my person. When she wants to she has some very good housekeeping skills especially for things like paper management which I have a major deficit. I think I've made some decisions regarding my technology which will allow me to get that equipment out of my apartment and patio and allow me to take back control of my living environment. But the cost of surviving the past couple weeks have been quite costly as far as the apartment goes. So this morning as subtle as I could I brought up the idea that I was searching for a housekeeper to bring my apartment under control. Of course this threaten the hell out of Melanie's first response was “I'm not doing a good enough job?”. I had to assure her that I was more than pleased with the sweeping on the mopping, bed making, sheet changing and other forms of light housekeeping she was doing in the 20 to 40 minutes she had to keep yourself occupied. What I wanted was something more in depth. I don't know if I need a “deep clean”. But I sure need something that once accomplished will be able to maintain relatively easily.


I had to be careful, these are dicey waters, because Melanie is not my employee she is actually the employee of the company/Corporation that I've contracted with for these services. And I really like the owner of the company. What were talking about is basically me contracting directly with the client to provide these services of the clock from the parent company. Like I said against kind of sketchy but I don't think it's anything illegal or even questionable. For me it's a deal because I end up paying my person significantly less per hour then I pay Joe for the home health services I get. So, it was like walking through a minefield but she was quite open to the concept. I'm considering starting with two hours and see what can be accomplished and then we'll go from there. Two hours or maybe four hours to begin and then just keep an eye on entropy in the messes I make and keeping the rest of the apartment in some form of presentable options. I don't know when report to start maybe even tomorrow but I don't know how we left the conversation this morning when she left. She's always in a hurry to get out of here. I don't care as long as she can bring order to the chaos

No comments: