Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Curse the Ball Drive

 



 Today's post may be a very short posting a very important device that I use, which is the ball Drive Mouse fell off my desktop today and rolled away to where I cannot reach it and there is nobody that I know at this juncture cooking squirrel around to find out where it's hiding. Therefore, I am writing this on my tablet my trusty old Samsung tablet. I really do like this little device even though it's pretty old now and I really could upgrade to a much faster, bigger and quite frankly nicer tablet system but it sure saving my bacon today. 

The image and posting today is of directions on how to open a package of washing pods. I ran out of the last group that I had last week when I wash clothes. I picked up this package of PODS earlier this week. I was kind of impressed when I went to open up the package this morning and saw it was just one of those tops that you pull and it tears the top off and I thought what I'd be left with is just the pods with a pressure seal so that I can seal them up if I wanted to after I extracted what I needed for the wash. However that was not the case. But I was exposed to was this sliding device which at first I thought was cool because I could just slide the slider over and it would give me access to the pods little did I realize this was not going to be. In order to get to the pods you have to first press down on the slider and pull at the same time which I can do 1 are the other but not both at the same time which some idiot designer thought was probably really cool and is not. This is just one of those things that a person with limited hand function must deal with all the time. I like to think I've Able Body discrimination but it always just comes like a sucker punch to the nose every time I'm faced with something I can't do because I've Limited hand ability. Eventually, I decided I didn't care any more about wether the bag looks good or not. I pulled out my trusty Cutco service text service scissors and cut a clean top off the bag and downloaded the contents into my wash Pod container.

Tonight I again ran into the same kind of disability discrimination though this time the bad is on me. As I was sitting down to my desktop to begin dictating my posting for today I was trying to get my headset with microphone and I yanked too hard and in doing so I pulled the ball Mouse off and sent the ball bearing that drives the cursor behind my computer box CPU. So frustrating I thought I should be able to get the ball back to a point where I can reach it was one of my devices and each time I used one of my long sticks to try to push the ball into the open I pushed it deeper and farther away until finally I could not see it at all. I think I have a backup Mouse somewhere but I can't find it tonight I'm way too tired to spend anymore stress on the whole system. Hopefully tomorrow I can get Ted, if he's around, the snake back in there and find the red ball that drives my cursor in my words...

No comments: