Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Traveling Tuesday

 

New backup chair take its rightful position long live the backup chair!


Seriously, already in bed all night worried that traveling in my new chair was going to do my butt damage. And today I had the opportunity to really put some test miles on the chair actually probably test miles probably more correct but you get the point action taken thechair out and go into an actual destination and returning. I don't know how much damage of done to my rear end but I can certainly since there's some stress on my skin but not as bad as I thought during the night. I still must however be very careful about my skin at this point in my life.


I'm such a sourpuss about this chair sure I bring everybody down. Everywhere I go people who know me know I've been counting on this chair for such a long time and then can see in my face that I'm over the moon excited and delighted about my new travel device. I even brought Dianne tears, unintentionally, when she checked in this morning to see if I'd made it through the night as far as the transfers onto the bed and then back into the chair this morning. By the way both transfers from well better than anticipated but I did notice some challenges a little on this morning's transfer but I made it, dressing was a challenge lot of new learnings going to have to go on their but I was able to make it to my meeting on time and perhaps that's the best testimony. I am quite concerned about traveling over sidewalks with all the little bumps which occur between one sidewalk square to the next let alone the rocking on the train. I recline the chair in an effort to take as much weight of the rear end as possible believing that even the rocking sensation on the train is enough to cause shearing… Lots to watch out for.


When Alan from Intermountain wheelchair brought the new chair in yesterday I very unceremoniously had him remove the old backup chair to the hallway outside my apartment. I've noticed a number of people keep their power chairs out in the hallway I'm sure for the reason of expanding room inside their apartments to live in. I have never done it though I should of I guess. Anyway, this morning in a fit of responsibility I called the folks over at UCAT to advise them I have a chair they could have if they wanted to pick it up. I was surprised that they said yes and would I be home at 3 PM this afternoon and they would swing by to grab it. I had to go to Salt Lake, remember, this morning but I made an effort to get back by 3 PM which I was and sure enough they were here picked up the chair and seemed happy to do it and totally congratulated me for being so responsible and charitable. They gave me a donation slip which kind of made me chuckle and then they were gone and so was the chair. I appreciated the chair the time that I had access to the chair but I really didn't like it very much. It was squirreling I don't know what was wrong with the brake mechanism that didn't stop for a well in the chair was actually too big for me which cost me a lot of discomfort but, the chair got me by now it's somebody else's problem just like a used car. My old regular chair is now the new backup chair and I really am considering totally fiction up that chair and maybe even making it my regular chair again in pushing the brand-new chair and the “backup” statusI suppose that's rude but time is short and what few rides I have left I want to enjoy if possible…

No comments: