Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Tuesday Tidings



Remember my chair fell apart yesterday? Well good and really fall apart the arm on the left side came off something about not being tightened enough. I got by most of the day actually all the day after some friends kind of put it back together and I had Allen from wheelchair shop stop by the apartment this morning saw the problem and promptly secured the arm back to the frame of the wheelchair. Allen was surprised that this event it happened (probably because he's the one that dropped off the chair and felt responsible for its condition at that point). To me didn't matter just as long as we got the job done. I'll be meeting with him again on Friday with my OT as we go over the chair a final time under the final fitting and go over some other possibilities that I might want to examine. My biggest concern at this point, besides the chair not disintegrating around me, is a cushion that well provide my bottom with the protection it needs to be sitting up all day as I do. As much seven complain about this cushion, today I went out and caught a bus to the local theater for a movie and back in my rear and feels fine. I don't understand what's happening but as long as no wound open and whatever I guess I'm okay with the chair. It's not comfortable ride I don't think it's going to be a comfortable ride ever. I think the foot boxes to beg and the sure seating is not wide enough but will discuss this further on Friday maybe I can write some more information at that point in time.


It's almost a perfect day for traveling lots of clouds but not overcast and temperatures riding around the high 80s really rather pleasant. I would mind if it was a tad warmer but not bad for having to be out in the sun for those I have to. I'm just kind of getting by. I'm getting ready to start my kid letters for July and this morning I ordered a new paperback will actually the book is a very old book A Farewell To Arms a book I do not think I've really ever read. Oddly, in one of my cryptogram puzzles you had a page from the book and I also remember a segment from City Of Angels where Seth reads a a page from this book and discusses the beauty of the writing. I've read Hemingway and I like him but I don't think I've read this volume in its entirety and if I have I think I'm ready to read it with new eyes which I find kind of exciting. So when I finished the current sci-fi volume I'm getting ready to go to the final stage I should have the Hemingway ready to read. I usually read one of the older Stephen King's over the summer but maybe instead this Hemingway will do our hell who knows maybe I'll try to get them both in by September. Maybe it's the early heat I don't know but I think I'm beginning to feel like summer is nearly over because we had a heat incident and really is just beginning. Either way it's been a good day, for the first time a couple days, right this moment, my butt is free of pain and that alone fills me with great excitement for great evening…

No comments: