Thursday, June 10, 2021

Cooldown Thursday

 



I should've done more today but I've been pretty lazy the only thing I can blame my lack of ambition on today is the severe drop in temperature, severe meaning an almost 30° drop. I have not been so cathartic that I've retreated to my bed or even to a comforter wrapped around my shoulders looking out my window at the skaters while sipping coffee. Thank goodness I'm not that decrepit yet. I just been goosing around the apartment listening to a few radio shows while I did my workout and then think about dinner. This morning was a bit of a waste in that it's Thursday morning and you know what that means? Coffee social. It was a good meeting today at least from the standpoint of social work person. We've increased our numbers by half in the last couple weeks. Number of new people have moved into the project many of which are Latinos or people of color. This is pretty cool actually we've never had this representation in these numbers before. There's a lot of “grouping” going on as far as people communicate and get themselves in the social area of their own table and I suppose that's cool, it beats screaming and yelling across three tables to someone at the far end. But like I said, that pretty much took up my morning. Then my bike and whatever I do besides that and it's 4 o'clock and ready to blog and so goes another day. However, like I said I feel like I should have done more.


I did however work on my new lift and hopefully I think I've got the pendant operational, somehow the pendant had become unplugged from the rest of the lift. So hopefully Melanie will be in better spirits tomorrow. Actually, I'm a little dismayed because as of yet the part for my lift repair on my other lift has yet to come in and I been doing the package tracking and it said it was supposed to be delivered yesterday by 5 PM which is been a no-show. If this chair I'm in now was given me problems of be quite upset but as it is going with the flow. This chairs meeting my needs I'm in right now and see what tomorrow brings if there is nothing by noon tomorrow I will call and see what the problem is. So I guess I have done a few things today.


Tuesday at the Assist meeting I was pleased to see the old director guess I should say former director because “old” is an unkind descriptor even though it might be correct on all counts. This guys name is Roger and I've known them for at least 30 years. Roger is an architect by training them up in the director for Assist for a couple decades if not more than finally decided to retire. I would say Roger is part of the Salt Lake City elite left group. He rides a bike everywhere, drive a Volvo has been through France number of times as most other places in Europe and the time that I've known him. He's always had an elite look to himself but somehow that's changed to some degree. I still think he looks pretty cool but going back to what my friend the writer said it's best to leave the stage when people remember you and your younger acting roles as opposed to those forced on you by aged age along. I think Roger still looks pretty good just a bit more hammered than I remember… However, Roger still rides his bike All over the east end of the avenues and that's good enough for me…

No comments: