Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Lift on Life Support

 



Is it me or does Frankie sitting out on the porch, look forlorn as he hangs his head in despair not be able lift anything at the current time? I sure as hell don't know about Frankie but I know I sure am becoming forlorn. I really like Frankie as a lift. Frankie is smaller therefore more agile easier to move around, the boom actually raises be higher than the lift from the independent living Center and the sling is a lot easier to attach and take off of the device on the lift. It all makes my staff a lot easier and happier to be with not that that's important and I should be a better manager pushing for it I want versus what they want but still want to keep her people happy.


I really have this mistaken belief that this lift is nothing more than a collection of actuators, circuits hydraulic pistons and should be able to be repaired relatively easy. I may have looked at this thing so close there's nothing on this thing that is rocket science. I mean I've replaced control box and now today I got to batteries that go into the battery pack. Once again I drug the whole thing down to the battery store in Taylorsville down on Redwood Road. There I got cut into a conversation with the graphics arts major about batteries. It seems they only had one of the batteries that I needed and if I wanted both batteries today I would be to do some traveling specifically to Salt Lake about 239 E. in 3300 S. easily attainable by public transit. The challenge would be being out on the tarmac in relatively warm dry weather. I felt like the challenge so why not? I made my connections pretty well I was kind of surprised. This battery store, although the same as the other corporate wise, has an altogether different feel. I really can't quite put my finger on the difference except actually I felt a little safer at the Redwood Road store which, shocks me. The people in the store just didn't seem to be on top of their battery game as the one on the Redwood Road. Still they could see I wasn't going anywhere that I wanted the batteries installed in the box which they eventually did. I liked the young woman who waited on me and who did the batteries but I just don't think she was a electronics person like the guy was in the other store. I assume she put the batteries together correctly.


It was hot and dry and I was tired by the time I got home but I needed to make sure the battery problem was corrected and that we can use my lift on Friday instead of the new lift. Well that's not going to happen I'm aware of now. Where before there is a small chirping sound elicited by the machine when I went to activate it now just dead silence. It seems lift a stone cold dead. Frustration but still a little hope remained as I dialed the 800 number to in the care somewhere in the Midwest. Took me a while to get through to a human being but when I did that was shipped to a person named Peter or just Pete. I'm not impressed with Pete he did try to help me but the best he could do was suggest that I purchase a battery pack essentially the little box that houses both batteries. We seem to think that this might be the solution. I don't think it is however this part of me that's resisting in saying “go ahead order the battery pack.” What I have to lose is anywhere between $148 to who knows how much? I put the brakes on at this point I kept seeing dollar bills with wings flying around my apartment looking for a way to escape. At this point it would not surprise me that the battery pack is the problem. I couldn't see it at first but then realize how much I drop heavy things and at this battery pack is pretty heavy. Now I've almost sunk $200 in this project. Maybe, I just need to cut bait and be happy to have a brand-new lift that kind of works seems to get a little easier each day we do my program…

No comments: