Sunday, June 27, 2021

Sunday Serenade About Holidays And Praying For Rain


I really love the holidays regardless of what the holidays are. Because the Fourth of July and 20 Fourth of July are smack dab in the middle of the summer these are a couple of my favorite holidays. They have a completely different feel from the autumn and spring holidays and from the winter holidays. Aside from being political and somewhat religious in nature (at least in this community) they are just fun or they have been fun for me in my life. Barbecues almost every night, family functions that were major gathering points not only at our farm in the old days but also in the parks in Boise. Watermelon busts and campouts and of course the dreaded vacations or trips up to see the relatives in Canada and the points along the way. Those may not have been as much fun but actually kind of were also. The fishing part and the moving hay part I could do without many times happening over the Fourth of July holiday as a kid but overall the Fourth of July makes me want to enjoy the summer to the max. I learned my lesson however I'm not going to try to have a one-man Fourth of July eating celebration like I did last year where I tried to cook steaks and make potato salad and what over else is needed in my estimation for the Fourth of July celebration for one person. I'm not doing that again I am thereby barbecue potato chips at least, and I'm thinking on making sloppy Joe's and cutting up a watermelon all of which to eat during the Fourth of July week which will begin later this week. I'm kind of excited. I'm sure it'll just be me again but this year I think I'll have at least one movie to go to and just be able to hang around the apartment. I'm kind of get a handle on the stress of the messy apartment in getting some things cleaned up here and there that should be more under control by the time the holiday gets here.


The drawback this year however is that the entire Northwest of the United States as well as the Rocky Mountain region is burning up both in temperature and fires. The state of Utah is pretty much band the traditional home firework concept. If any fireworks – – the big guys – – are to be had good to be a very controlled situations like stadiums and professional firework operations that a lot of the city municipalities supposedly control. Even some of those guys I think you're pulling back fireworks for this year probably smart. So far I've heard one mention of this being 1000 years summer where so much heat is being blasted to the earth in the form of hot dry wind. As I said, lucky for me, I like the heat melt take the heat as much as I can get but I know that's not the same for everyone. I'll enjoy it for the most part first long as I can get it and dream of science fiction solutions like driving moisture bearing clouds to where they're needed our building giant sized ice machines which can be used to float icebergs back to the north and start the flow againof needed whether. But maybe were not tech savvy enough and we do that problem of thinking we fixed the problem here only to have more problems erupt over there. I mean I'm still blown away that the Utah Gov. suggested out a real gubernatorial press conference that the consumers pray for rain. I'm surprised they didn't have a Native American dance around in the background and a bearded man with the Pioneer hat walking around the divining rod. Because the only interesting thing is to be lucky enough to be living through it and not being too negatively impacted…

No comments: