Thursday, June 03, 2021

Faces Of Despair

 



You know you watch discrimination on the 5 o'clock news as well as the 5:30 PM national feed but you never really think that you live in a racially prejudicial infested area. And I know that I do come on I'm not that naïve but still when confronted with abject discrimination I'm just blown away.


The novelty of the hot weather, so soon in the summer, is still foremost in my mind and makes you want to go out, for whatever reason and enjoy the outside and the resources available to me. Primarily, transit nearly free transit on Utah transit Authority the local bus carrier. I still can go out just because I want to go out I have to have purpose and today I need to get some cash not only for the weekend but some one dollar bills the stuff in the letters going to grandkids – – don't even get me going on how silly this is. I started the phenomenon was sending money every month and now I have to live with it – – but anyway want to get $20 and one dollar bills so I'll have enough for the next couple months. It's Thursday, which means his coffee morning or coffee social so I'm pretty much committed to staying here from 930 to 1030 at least but at 10:35 AM I was out of there back in my apartment getting ready to head to the bus stop to go to my Mountain America branch. That's when I noticed my lanyard on the floor behind the chair which was holding my backpack. The lanyard was all crumpled up but there is nothing in lanyard it was empty and yesterday I haven't stopped with two UTA bus passes/IDs. I know I had them yesterday afternoon when I came home from my toenail clipping because I got on the bus and I used the bus pass to tap on the farebox reader so I know I had it then but I don't know how I could've lost it from the time I got on the bus until I got home and even then how did the lanyard fall out of my backpack empty of bus passes? Well, this is even a better excuse than to go to the branch for dollar bills. It's not like I have the letters written I don't. Anyway, I searched all over my backpack thumped it out on the table there were no bus passes there. I called UTA customer service i.e. lost and found and none had been turned in by the bus drivers or other attentive patrons. Every night when the driver returns to the bus barns and you lost items going to the lost and found and usually show up the next morning. My bus passes have not been turned in. No problem.


You can get a replacement bus pass either the downtown customer service which is way downtown Salt Lake or I can go down to Middlebrook facility, which is the main administrative offices for transit authority and I can get a replacement there as well which is a lot closer and quicker in my estimation. The heat was building already when I finally caught the bus in down at about 11:21 AM there was another individual in a wheelchair (which the driver did not notify me which caused me to ride facing the folks on the bus were facing forward. If the driver had let me know there is another wheelchair on board I could've come on backwards and just back into the tiedowns. No problem. I alone was facing humanity and it was a hodgepodge of ethnic and economic disparity. Interesting we can stir people with a reason so I figured what the heck must take some images of the same time which I did. If you see the image I have posted today, see the dark skinned folks one black fellow sitting on the aisle behind the bar and there's a black skin lady right next to the window on the opposite side of the aisle. Well the fellow was lanky or is lanky and his leg was in the aisle. We came to a stop in this older white guy I don't know how old the could've been my age but not really older but he came up to the fellow with his leg out in the aisle – – the black fellow didn't realizes leg was blocking anything – – like I asked him to move the leg once and then literally kicked the leg out of the way and stomp out causing the black fellow to go into a fit. I mean this couple was part of a group of folks riding the bus today which must've come from the same area of Africa or were ever because the individual who was kicked was talking to somebody on the cell phone but suddenly started screaming and yelling. Sadly nobody noticed except me because I was staring. The driver didn't do anything wasn't his problem and the white guy who made the kick was off the bus and gone and he didn't care you probably voted for Trump and had to get across the street to buy one of those flowered shirts the proud boys where but this dude had nothing to be proud of today that I can assure you…



No comments: