Sunday, June 13, 2021

Peter Rabbit 2

 



Today I did a major accomplishment at getting back to life as it was in the lobby four times. I actually went to a movie! Yes, a real honest to gosh, popcorn popping cold drink dispensing movie. It wasn't quite the same as before but close enough to make me feel I was in the right universe and the right timeline. I couldn't buy my ticket from the little office in front of the movie place. This again is not that different now however you by your movie tickets at that inside kiosk which I think is a bunch of unmanned devices that you just interface with with your credit card or whatever. I chose to buy my ticket from the concession stand person. I have to admit this was strange as well. Along with the strangeness was of course, an increase in the cost of the moviegoing experience. Now, eight dollars in ticket. What's weird is that I'm so desperate to go to the movies I didn't even blanch, I didn't care I just whipped out my card gave it to the concession stand girl who gave me a printout of the tickets as well as the popcorn and drink both small – – the whole thing came out to $23. Eight dollars for the ticket the rest is goodies you do the math.


I got the impression all the other moviegoers were also like me, zombies just going through the process to get into the big room with the movie screen. I can't believe it I was late I thought I had a lot more time. When I purchased my ticket I realized I was 10 minutes into the Listed start time. The ticket person assured me there are still into the previews. Took forever to get my ticket and refreshments but when I got to the theater the title hadn't really rolled yet just some of the very beginning movie. That's okay I settled back to enjoy. Now don't want you to laugh or snicker at me but I chose for my first experience back to the movie theaters Peter Rabbit 2.It is animation mellow animation. P R 2 is a pretty good experience all things being equal. I thoroughly enjoyed the flick. It's not world-class and it tries really hard but I kind of got pulled into it even though it's all fluff. I direct my Coke consumed by midsize popcorn and wondered what the sequel will be like I'm sure they will do one the concept is just adorable. If they do I will go for sure.


There are very few folks in the theater, which did not surprise me after all it is Sunday under this Salt Lake. But I'll bet had I gone tomorrow or Tuesday the might be less people in the theater. Great sign that things are back to normal or at least getting there. Before the movie I had gotten to the Gateway early enough is able to hit the Carl's Jr. and grab a burger. The burger was huge even for the smallest thing they had. I actually ate just half of the sandwich and wrap the rest up and stuffed it in my shoulder bag for either dinner are a late-night snack. I kind of wish to go to McDonald's or Burger King on that side of the street – – there actually is not Burger King but it's kind out of my way my goal today was to get back into the theater and back to some level of normality and I kind of achieved that I think there's two other movies currently that I want taken I don't know if I'll do that this week or later on after all I've got all summer…

No comments: