Tuesday, June 15, 2021

GGRRRRR Sigh


I'm not discouraged that would mean I cared at this point I don't really care. Anyway, two days ago in the mail the part came for my “Frankenstein” lift. I was hoping for the organization from Utah State University, UCAT to get back with me regarding installing the part that I sent away for from Invacare. Remember I ended up calling Invacare (the maker of my patient lift) and after describing the symptoms of my lift indicated I needed a new control box which I sent for and waited patiently for the Control box to arrive and I'm not even going to mention the fact that I paid all toll $147. 00. I'm not even complaining about the fact that I spent the money. Focus, focus this isn't about the extra money toI paid to install the part this blog is about the fact that I couldn't get a hold of the people to install the part so I called my best brother to come over and do the installation . I was so proud of myself for detecting what was wrong with the device then going around and checking the battery to make sure it wasn't the problem and then finding out the problem was the control box. Then calling the company and ordering a new control box. I didn't put direct overnight mail and therefore probably took me other extra week to get the control box. So the great expectation and more than enough pride I contacted my brother to come over for the install.


Of course, today is the hottest day of the week and therefore the year and maybe even on record for this early in the year of my brother dutifully came over and made the change pose beside myself, like a little kid opening up the birthday gift for the Christmas gift as we changed out the boxes and my brother fasten the box to the lift and tried the pendant to raise and lower the boom and of course nothing happened. I defaulted to my initial thought processes which was the battery is not been used for a week or two weeks or has not been charged so sure the batteries run down and we need to charge them up. We got the charger out plugged it in and dropped the battery onto the charger and the light went orange meaning that it was charging but soon after, my brother noted, the charger had gone to green which meant the battery was charged. This of course totally confused me but also reminded me finally that that's what happened before and made me think the battery was bad when I took the battery into the battery shop they checked The battery reported that it was at full charge. It was an ugly déjà vu. So, we plugged the battery in the charger will it charge for 20 minutes and we actually finished putting the handles on the other lift we should make it easier for my home health person to roadie it around. I have a strong suspicion that there's nothing wrong with control box at something else entirely different. After we let it charge for about 20 minutes Reese looked up again and after some finagling got some weird sounding noises but nothing close to it working properly. Now my mind is kind of searching desperately for other alternatives like now must be in the pendant – – the handheld device. And maybe just maybe it's because the device was unplugged insecurely. I'm letting the battery charge down I just hope it will function later on. I still have the backup left which is little by little becoming the main left with Frankie can't pull the charge…

No comments: