Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Not Summer Yet But Feel The Heat



I love the heat but I need to be careful. I'm not young anymore and even if I love the heat the heat can be deadly so I need to start being more responsible, start carrying water, make sure I have a cover on my head and be careful of how much skin is exposed to the rays of the sun. Boy that sounds responsible but very dull.. This afternoon as I suited up to catch the bus to go down to my podiatrist for my nine week toenail clipping. I had a head cover, short sleeves and shorts I figure that was enough and it was. I did consult the Utah transit Authority software to find out the times of the buses so I wasn't spending a lot of time out in the heat. I'm not sure if the temperature broke 90° today but I am sure the temperature was close to that.


The image on today's post has been hanging around for a couple days at my bus stop in back of my apartment complex. It's a shirt and although it's not as graphic as a pair of shoes are just one shoe is still says something to me. Somebody is without a shirt probably kid (actually looks like an adult piece of clothing however) a worker maybe who took the shirt of once the temperature started climbing. And didn't realize he left the shirt on the bus bench until later on that day and alas, never went back. Pieces of clothing I see along my travels fascinate me.


To update you on my technology Armageddon is that I'm feeling a little bit more control of my life. I purchased a controller for my lift named Frank. Still go take three or four days to get here and maybe another couple before it's installed on my lift. Today was my regular day for home health services but since I went through the trauma yesterday morning with Melanie I really didn't need to tried again today and she was not up to it anyway. The plan now is to get the boss on board to come out on Friday and do an in service of teaching us how to use the six strap sling. We actually invited him this morning – – that was Melanie's request but we could not get the boss online so we decided not to have any more home health visits until Friday which is the usual day and will put us back in sync of our schedule. By then, we hope to have Melanie trained to the point that she'll be confident to use the lift, the new lift, and not be so angry. I also hope by then to have Frank operational again if we can do that put the new lift into storage somewhere that I can get to it quickly if need be. Like I said, they're still low things out there that need to be addressed perhaps the one most looming is the new power chair. Still waiting on parts but crossing fingers and wishing for good luck the current chairs delivering like a champ and I'm really not afraid to go out anywhere within reason.…

No comments: