Sunday, April 23, 2017

Bell's


Kid Day was Saturday. I know I've used this term before in this blog, Kid Day that day when I would drive over to whatever the kids were living to pick them up for Saturday, the day that I had them as part of the divorce decree. First it was Mark and Shell, then James and Charles and then finally Bridgette and Brooks. Kid Day we would all piled in the car and take off. In my memory it was a wonderful time. Looking back I wish I had more money to make it day even more memorable and fun but we enjoyed what we did have at least I think so and from reports that I get back from time to time the kids thought so too for the most part.

I love to explore different areas of Salt Lake. We spent a lot of time rolling walking, exploring here eating there. Driving around the city looking at homes that we'd like to live in and making up stories about those homes and what we did there when those were our homes it was fun pitiful in some ways but we all enjoyed the experience. I don't know why but one of the places we went to was in Taylorsville. How I found this place I don't know. I must've just driven past it one day with the kids and it looked intriguing. Actually it was in this sort of hidden part of Taylorsville which is a small community within Salt Lake County, part of Salt Lake proper I guess. Not quite West Valley Utah but not Salt Lake either. There was a lot of industrial/residential areas of Taylorsville and there were still parts of the area that was rural large plots of ground with overgrowth on it. Taylorsville was sort of in between Murray where I lived and Taylorsville and Kearns where the kids lived from time to time. Maybe that was why I found this place because for a short while the kids did live in Taylorsville so we may have rolled around that community more than I remember. We found this place on one excursion secondary to an initial find which is sort of interesting. We found this grocery/deli built to look like a barn which is been converted into this commercial offering. It looks like one of those places that might have treasures inside. The barn market was interesting and certainly had potential but was not as exciting as defined above Bell's deli which are just hamburger joint. But Dells was a hamburger joint which it pretty much vanished from the local scene replaced by ubiquitous trendy fast food miracles such as McDonald's, Burger King and Wendy's. Gone were the little joints so saturated with aroma of fried food mainly burgers and fries when you walked in the cholesterol content raised five points! I think we only went to Bell's once or twice but we totally enjoyed the time that we spent at Bell's when we went.

Of course Bell's got shoved to the back of my mind in the ensuing years. However when I moved to Taylorsville, here at the senior living facility, I happened to notice the restaurant and one of my rollaround's of the community. It was almost eerie when I found the place just sitting there on the side of the road like always. I cannot believe the joint was still there. I made a note stop by this place when I can. Friday night I was talking about this place to my home health person, Honey and told her about how cool the place was. She wanted to know more about it that and I want to make sure I told her right so Saturday I set out to find the place on purpose. It took longer than anticipated and it was not where I thought that it was it was further south but I did find it I went in and had a burger which was good, not great but definitely the taste from the past.. I promised myself I was going to return this place and often and talk about and get more folks out and going to Bells.



So if you're reading this and you live in Utah consider heading out to Bell's Deli At 1207 W. 4800 S. Taylorsville Utah or call at 801-262-1211. Check them out you be glad you did.

No comments: