Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Best Buy Samsung and Me




It's hard for me to delineate what is my favorite day of the week but I think Tuesdays beginning to come out first. Tuesday is the day that I get to jump on a train and go into the city – – I love calling Salt Lake “the City”. Referring to Podunk Salt Lake City as the city is just hilarious to me. I have biweekly meeting in Salt Lake at Assist.Inc. I've talked about this group many times. The old ladies and Dave and that we talk about people asking for weatherization grants and housing grants things like that. But I like it because I get to go I have a reason to go somewhere. It's different from just going out and jumping on a bus or train going to destination for no real reason except to go. Having a task to do is so good I do miss that.

Yesterday I finished the meeting and I decided I was going to go to Best Buy to purchase a new cell phone. I texted Dianne the night before told her I was thinking about a new cell and she informed me that Bridget and got her one already. A bigger and better phone. I've been holding off getting the phone because it was one more indication that the divorce is final is the thread seem to me. Dianne and I had gotten the forms together on a plan. It was time to let the plan go at least my head but tend to do all my Best Buy business at the 21st South store since that's where the bus and the trains conveniently stop. I've Sort have been searching or windowshopping follows the last couple weeks. Notice that Samsung had a sale under Galaxy S7. What I really liked about the S7 was that Cell phone was bigger, much bigger than my current phone.. It will not only help vision wise but also have bigger buttons when dialing. And besides this cell phone was new – brand-new.

I go to this Best Buy quite a bit I love to go in and look at the merchandise and wish.. Sometimes I'm nudged by a “sales shark” I punch him in the snout by saying I'm just cruising, just looking that's all in the shark almost always backs way however today they smelled blood. I don't know how perhaps I had a certain look on my face. The young shark came over and asked if he can ask me a question about some aspect of technology which I knew was a hook to try to pull me in but you know what I can pull him in. His name is Matt. Matt was of course overly friendly and solicitous. I told him what was going on with my cell phone those looking for a new one and I had my eye on a specific phone but I did not know which one. I'd seen it earlier in the week it was on sale for $150. Matt was  drooling over this I'm sure what look like an easy commission. By this time he had taken me over to Samsung desk and enlisted Shu–lin(this was not her real name of course but I wish it was because she was great. It was not such a cultural affront I would just call her Dragon Lady..

I was excited to get the phone only if I can get the phone that very moment. I asked if they could make the transfer from my old phone to the new phone and they said yes. This exercise took at least an hour in which time Matt sold me an Xfinity account. I think I was high on the previous purchase. I almost bought way more than I needed at Xfinity. I think Matt sensed I was getting spooked. He backed away and gave me a great deal, I think/hope, and just Internet access. We shall see. This will allow me to access good Internet for my apartment without having to endure Wi-Fi with just is not worked for me at the end of the hall.


I think Matt and the dragon lady served me well. We shall see. It was a good day, I spent way more than I anticipated but boy I sure felt alive when I finished.

No comments: