Monday, April 03, 2017

Responsibilities


It is tax week, not really that will be still maybe two weeks away if 15 April is tax day. There's a question in my mind because 15th falls on the weekends so off I have an extra day to get my return in? And that's not going to be an issue anyway because Dianne has got the returns done. Even mine,, which I appreciate immensely. It's been a complicated, horrific return which I do not doubt at all with all that is going on this year. This was the last year that I have such courtesy done for me that is unless of course I started using the tax preparer which is not totally out of concept. I mean it's not like I have tons of money coming in each year, I never did, but I'm pretty basic income outgo so I don't think it will be really too difficult to figure out a return next year.


Dianne did the returns online which is cool but kind of scary for me.. We had hoped that would've been able to file one last return together but because the divorced happened as quickly as it did in before the end of the year we are both responsible for own returns but since we are so still intertwined with our history and the house which we technically on together Dianne put return together. I'm so grateful, again,, Dianne is a thorough and meticulous I'm sure it's the best return that could be produced. Dianne called yesterday afternoon to advise me that she was finished and she had filed her return and that now I was able to do so as well she had already given me the codes I need to access the online return sign and submit.. The process sounds straightforward but what I've learned over the years hardly anything is straightforward particularly when the federal government is involved this is a double whammy because we talking about Utah state and the federal government.. If anything can go wrong it will. I hope I can does that bullet. Dianne did say she would hold my hand through my online ordeal but I declined. I need to grow up I need to do this on my own since we are no longer together. The course of the conversation she mentioned that she had prepared the taxes for the last 25 years or so. Dianne did all the financial stuff in our relationship. I gave up everything and I was glad to give up everything because Dianne was so good and so thorough I had no problem. My neighbor, I think, thought I was I was insane.. Well,, perhaps it was not insane at least not too much but I was fiscally lazy and irresponsible for this I need to repent.


I need to embrace this new opportunity to take control of my financial life. It's scaring the hell out of me. So far I've done okay but it's only been six months. Anything major I purchased with plastic so I can have a record when needed.. I cannot imagine that I will even come close to having enough deductions at the end of this tax year to worry about itemization. And I think if I did I would go to a preparer of some sort. The most simple And most efficient and perhaps most important responsible thing for me to do.

No comments: