Friday, April 14, 2017

Friended on Facebook



I surprise myself I should be getting purely callous to the Facebook effect, you know when all of a sudden somebody pops up in your life that you haven't thought of in years or decades even. This happened a couple weeks ago when a friend of mine granted a distant friend because he's a bit younger contacted me on Facebook wanting to become Facebook friends. His name is Kyle is a year younger than I was in the same religious group i.e. Ward that I was. And normally I would certainly friended him regardless but when I found out that he lived in Salt Lake City that made me keenly interested in making contact.So we were chatting earlier in the week and I figured why not I made the effort to establish a meeting. And sure enough we met this morning for breakfast. I suggested we meet at Dee's restaurant on 4700 S. and Redwood. This is a place I have been using more and more lately. The restaurant is very close to my apartment easily rolled to and accessible enough to have a great meeting. Close to bus stops which gives me a convenient out if needed to say “Oh oh, got a go my bus will be here shortly”.

What a great meeting. Two old guys from the old neighborhood sitting down to lunch chewing up the past. We talked for about two hours at the restaurant. They the staff were great bringing him hot chocolate and of course me coffee. A kind always wondered about this guy. He was quiet but always around. I was always intrigued with his father who was somehow related to the military and had that bearing of a military person. He was also a dedicated Scout leader that's Boy Scouts. He was always around in his Boy Scout greens doing Boy Scout stuff. I think Bill talked forever was old men seem to do when talking about the past. I'd love to done that but I must be careful because Kyle is still in the world. He's married, involved in church work, a grandfather who really likes being a grandfather and a pretty nice guy.


No he didn't say  but I could tell that being a nice guy probably made his work life a bit of a struggle. He had a couple careers and seems to done fairly well – – much better than I. But everyone has done much better than I. It seems. Trials of course retired now like all of us. He's able to get between voice in Salt Lake to help out his family both places. We ended the meeting by saying we're going to get together again soon. I hope we do. There is a number of people in this community from our old neighborhood and had like to actively get them together for some kind of activity this summer – – sort of like a class reunion type of thing or picnic. That might be kind of spooky and challenging the what the heck it still might be fun. I would most likely be the apostate of the group hopefully that would not deter the others for showing up the road still be fun. When you do it.

No comments: