Sunday, April 09, 2017

Like A Poke In The eye


Snowfield during the night and it was cold outside but I ventured out even though the sun was shining bright cold wind came from the North and forced me back inside I felt like the groundhog Who had just seen his shadow. I was ready to hibernate for another six weeks. However, that will not be necessary warmer winds are coming behind this cold front and I will be glad. Still the day Me inside and playing with my new computer for the most part. I wish I could confess of doing something extremely productive but alas updating my blog will be about it for today.

I have been trying not to get mopey but Dropbox has prevented me from avoiding the mopes. I got a message today among those rare moments when the Wi-Fi allowed anything through, telling me that I have but six more days to comply with a new subscription or a subscription to Dropbox. Dropbox was that sensational couple years ago that swept through offering you free storage of your files I guess in the cloud or somewhere but not on my system. I dumped a lot of data on to the software but kept all my systems pretty much as well. I pretty much use Dropbox as a briefcase particularly when I was still working. I would load letters and projects and to Dropbox and then fish them out when I got home on weekends, in the evenings and such. It was pretty handy. Now I'm sure I have a cloud account somewhere that I have the same materials in storage somewhere in the sky but I don't know where it is at at this instance – – I guess I should. There's one thing I've noticed as I mess with the new system is that a lot of my files do not come over. As well as my software. I lost, or I guess I've lost accounts that are either subscribe to or paid for that lost when I gave up my laptop. This is happened so many times with new computers that I have purchased that I've gotten used to losing data. I would like to think and I just might have some drives with materials backed up but I don't know whether at right now. For a few hours this afternoon I climbed back into Dropbox I think I had 2017 image files. I have files going back to 2013 which really isn't that far. Still there are enough images to make me miss the times we had together Dianne me and the family and doing some of the things that we did. I only got slightly mopey.



Dropbox says I have six days to comply. I looked it up just for the fun of it to see what I would have to do and forgotten. In order to keep my subscription to Dropbox and have to fork out $99. 99 bucks! They essentially have my data hostage is there a term for this that term escapes me right now but it's out there that means that taking advantage of me in my data. Well I'll show them I don't care I got most of the backed up anyway on my hard drive. Just creeps, that's all they are. I'm glad I didn't rely too heavily on the software it be just another thing to come around in my life to poke me in the eye.

No comments: