Saturday, April 15, 2017

Just Like Seinfeld


I go to the store/market way too much. I think I'm compensating for something looking for treats I've no idea all I know is that every couple days I'm off the market. I buy onions, groceries, fresh fruit a A lot of fruit, it seems I buy lots of grapes and bananas.I really think the saddest comment on my behavior is that my market visitation is a sign of lack of socialization. I like being in the market because there's real people there not that the people here at the apartments are not real people I just don't have a great in common with most of the folks. Not that I have anything, and with 99% of the folks at the market you seem real to me makes me feel like I'm real just being there be a part of life somehow. I must get something out of the experience collecting going back and back. Such was the case yesterday. I did not pay attention to the fact that it was Friday and on Friday the local newspaper Corporation has this old guy that acts as a quasi-greeter. He says is given away papers but I don't believe them when I try to avoid them or I've tried to avoid them. I usually just shoot past mumble something and do my best not to engage. Like I said yesterday I weakened. For some reason I thought' ' gosh, maybe it would be nice to have a newspaper tonight just look through'. Then I engaged the old Fart and he happily started his spiel. Yes which paper I wanted I told him, I told him I didn't want a daily subscription was just too much hard data gathered around the house that I did not need. He happily informed me they had number of plans that would meet my needs will specifically one fourth Monday Saturday and Sunday – – the week in Jan. The old guy assured me that I of course could stop the subscription anytime that I wanted and that if I really get my weekend subscription today he would give me $10 gift card for fresh market making the first month basically three dollars.

I knew the second I agreed to take a subscription for the weekend rate that I had made a mistake. I'd like to think I'm read the paper but I don't. The most I use the paper for this to get the puzzles out of the back. I used to think I like the paper but I don't have a subscription demands too much reading. Really it's why I don't spend a lot of time on the Internet reading blogs And general articles that I

find interesting I do not to have the patience to sit in front of the screen and read.. The old guy had already started right be up and it already handed me the green gift card to the market. 10 bucks if I'd used it would've taken care of my purchases of the day by stuffed the card in my wallet and forgot it immediately. Oh, I'm sure I will use the card eventually but certainly it is not a high priority on my list. I've already formulated a plan is to try the paper till 1 May and then cancel my subscription. I guess this methodology is really quite passive aggressive but I don't care. I have to see this Fart every weekend I don't want to have a history with him. I hate it when my life mimics a Jerry Seinfeld episode.

No comments: