Saturday, April 08, 2017

It Just Would Have Been Nice


I've been looking at my Facebook this evening for a little bit. It's overcast and rainy it's a spring night the end to a not too productive day however I did get my wash done,at least most of it.I did need to put my shoes on today I am sure I looked a mess. I don't care that Saturday.

I don't know why but I haven't updated my Facebook page for a week now maybe even longer. I think part of the reason is my home computer is no longer really link to the Internet in a fashion that I can use to Facebook. All I could use my tablet I suppose even my cell phone is not really how I like to Facebook. I just seem to lost interest to a certain degree. But anyway tonight as I took a break from watching China Beach to do my Saratoga silver. I picked up my tablet, which oddly enough, can pick up a pretty good signal from the Wi-Fi and checked out my Facebook. One of the folks on the Facebook which I follow is an old schoolmate by the name of Adriane with one 'n. I think I had a crush on her the fourth grade or the third. I remember one afternoon sitting under a tree with her in front of our school, grade school Campus in Boise Idaho. I think I'd missed my bus and is waiting for my mom to come pick me up and she was just waiting for her mom I suppose. We talked I don't know what about now but it's a nice memory that I keep.


One of the things this taken me years to figure out was that half of the kids I went to grade school with went to Boise high and the other half pretty much went to Borah high. I was supposed to go to Boise high But due to my accident had to go to Borah. I never really thought about what happened to the kids in grade school that didn't go to Boise high. I did not realize these kids went to Borah and I went to Borah. I went to Borah for two years – – three years actually and none of the kids I went to grade school came up and said “hi”. I just think this is so weird. I'm thinking perhaps they didn't realize that this kid, really the only kid in a wheelchair going to the school, named Mark Smith was the same Mark Smith they had gone to grade school with. Maybe if I was able-bodied I would of just blended into the mass of kids at the school and there were about 3000 kids at the school. That must've been the reason, I hope. Anyway, I can't believe Adriane never stopped and said “hi”. I think it would've been nice to have someone that I knew from before at the school with me.

No comments: