Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Quack!!

This is been kind of a weird Monday – – not necessarily weird bad , just weird. To beautiful day  the warm before the storm as they say on TV these days. Not as beautiful as yesterday but nice just the same.. It's afternoon the cloud to begin the role in the day still nice however but I must be busy doing things that matter for me as we get towards evening. I finished lifting my weights on the rickshaw a few minutes before I must start the hand bike or the Saratoga silver.

I am still overwhelmed with the bags sent over from the house that Mark Anthony brought yesterday. I washed dishes this morning after I got dressed  and had a breakfast.  I seem to be feeling too good to really gripe about anything. I felt I needed to have some contact so I wandered down to the front of the building under the guise of checking my mail. As a rolled past the great room  I saw a crowd gathering.I dropped in just to see  what was going on and to check the  “sharing table”. I was informed today was the day for the Social Security presentation then I remembered there and bend  notices taped up around the building announcing that Shane somebody would be talking to the folks about how to get more money out of Social Security. I felt a little information was on the flyer alone made the whole of events sound like a scam. It was almost noon and I can see that whoever this guy Shane was Shane had actually brought lunch. There wasn't a great lunch mind you – does not hot lunch – – the lunch just the same and I can see a big old bag of potato chips resting on the sharing shelf. Hadn't planned to stay for the presentation however potato chips can really change my direction quickly. Real sandwiches would been too much to hope for instead he showed up with these tortilla roll ups with sandwich stuff rolled up and cut off into sections. I have hated these excuses for sandwiches ever since they started showing up at state meetings I used to attend. To make matters worse he brought just to boxes of the faux sandwiches. The room was packed there would not be enough of those rollouts for everyone. However there were two good-sized boxes of the of cookies. I could survive on cookies and potato chips who could not? However I knew I had corned beef at the end apartment size it done down made a sandwich . and zipped back .

Clearly, Shane was a song and dance man. He looked conservative enough them sure is a good guy all things being equal but he is still a song and dance man, maybe even a flimflam man. He was all about trying to sell these people the $4000 they could possibly make it they were to allow him to go to bat with them with the Social Security Administration. He knew all the ins and outs he knew how to say something a certain way that would make sure that they got the increase in funding that they could yet whether it was 100 bucks, 1500 bucks or 4000 bucks over the course of a year. A lot of these ladies is basically were women I was there along with Jimmy course and the other Jimmy of course axial surprised to see the other Jimmy show up. But we're talking about money and that's what these guys are interested in. He didn't want to answer any questions in the group just some basic basic questions what he wanted was to send around a piece of paper to have people put their phone number, apartment number and name on the document. Of course that he would do the one-to-one and just find out how much money he could get them. Also of course, I know, then he has the information to build back Social Security Administration or whatever aging program he works with to make his cut on the seniors. I know I shouldn't be so cynical but you know me. He looks like a nice guy he sound like a nice guy and probably smells like a nice guy but he's not a duck.

No comments: