Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Marky Two Chairs


I retrieved my chair yesterday from Create. I guess I should more accurately say Jimmy and I retrieved my chair from Create. We did not even get the task until after 2 o'clock because Tuesday is my Assist Inc. day so I was in Salt Lake City. The day was overcast in coolish even though they said temperatures are up in the 60s it was still cool I wish had worn jacket and all I had was a big red long-sleeved shirt that was kind of heavy. Yesterday were bit nicer had there been such that goes without saying. I'm also saying I was kind tired but Tyler got back from Assist. I had already made arrangements with Jimmy and felt that I needed to honor those commitments and this was a good time for Jimmy since his company was slowing down and take a day or so off and Jimmy had the time. Again, I think I was dragging my feet for fear of what I was going to find when I got to Create.

Redwood Road can be a long drive. However it was nice having Jimmy drive. We drove right around to the back once we got to the Buffmire building. There are two volunteers working away Thomas on the phone making a deal of some sort in the secretaries in the back doing who knows what. Jimmy and I nosed around a little bit and found my chair. The chair looked nice Tom and Company had done some painting, spruced up here and there sewed up a couple rips and had gone through mechanicals. I was blown away when told that the promoter was indeed still good only a wire had been torn off somehow. So I paid 250 bucks for them to replace a wire – – however I must keep in mind that the completely went to the chair and spruced up and that's what I paid the money for. Had the motive and bad they would've replace the motor as promised but as it is I have the original motor I guess that's good and what's good as I'm on the road again in the old chair. That actually been done quite a bit earlier but had a bad phone number for me. They had my old cell phone 801-232-1599. So I probably  could have gotten the chair last week before Friday morning I wish I had gone with my hunch and call them see if the chair had been finished had been.

I must admit I was impressed with Jimmy's tenacity and scale up packing. Jimmy was able to arrange my chair and the empty chair Into the van. Very tight quarters and the ride home was very stiff but we managed and got the chair into the apartment. You would think, that I would've gotten into the chair immediately but I did not. I did not even get into the chair this morning on rising because it was not where I could reach the chair. Tonight for sure Honey is here we will make the trade-off – – maybe earlier if I get motivated. I did not even charge the old chair last night thinking that I would maybe get into the new chair. So I'm low on power and I'm going to have two charge for a couple hours and see where it goes.


No comments: