Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Rainy Day Me


More rain was forecast for today. In all honesty I was not as excited about my Assist meeting today as I usually am. Still I was up early and ready to begin my trek into Salt Lake maybe even to consider another Jab at picking up my modem at UPS central in the Mid town area of the city. Still I was not too hot on the idea partially due to the rain and partially due to not knowing where I'm going. I thought about Mark Anthony stop suggestion  of just having UPS resend the package to my apartment complex. I still felt uncomfortable with the suggestion. I wanted  to try one more time.

I had coffee with Jimmy's wife and ask her if she thought Jimmy would drive me over the UPS pickup my package. She thought Jimmy would not mind at all and went to inform Jimmy. I have to admit I was pretty jazzed with the idea of heading out and picking up this piece of equipment.

The rain had began to fall fairly heavy by the time Jimmy brought the van around to the back door where I waited. The rain is not cold and I didn't mind being out as I deployed the lift. The vehicle  actually sounded good, the inside still a mess and I made a note to myself to drag the  vacuum cleaner out the next good day and suck the insides of out. Jimmy also had some ideas regarding the floor the van especially by the front. This would be great certainly make the traveling in the vehicle much more comfortable and safe. This however is a project for another day it's more sunshine and Heat.


UPS looks like a great place to work. Everyone laid back everything is certainly tech. I could not help the marveled by how big an operation UPS. I kept getting flashbacks from the movie with Tom Hanks as a survivor of a UPS Jet crash on a  desert Island. Sonny, however, the UPS worker returned with a good-sized box I was surprised and thankful that I didn't do this on my own. Dragging the Box on the train and bus would definitely been awkward and uncomfortable.

Mercifully Jimmy left me in my box alone in the apartment to get to know each other. I have had Jimmy put the Box on one of the chairs and I just look at it. I finally found some scissors and open the box. It was the mode  and the modem  was much more complicated then I had reckoned. I texted  Mark Anthony who was impressed and I think relieved that I had secured the package and indicated that he would be by tonight to help install the modem.

I still have my occupational therapist coming by this afternoon to do some work with me but already it's been a productive day and who could want more for a Tuesday?

No comments: