Sunday, April 16, 2017

Storage Unit?


My apartment is in chaos. Actually my apartment is always in chaos but today it's in more chaos than usual. Dianne called and indicated that I had a couple bags of stuff in boxes that did not get moved when I initially came into this apartment. Dianne is going in for major surgery in a couple days and want to make sure that I had access to this material before that time which I appreciate. So I called Mark A was willing to come over this Easter Sunday and collect this material and bring it over to the apartment. Boy, there is way more material than anticipated. We got the three bags stuffed in various corners of the apartment the boxes are on the table and I'm going through a little bit by little bit trying to ascertain what is worth keeping and what is going to be thrown away or taken down to the “sharing shelf”. There a lot of memories with these materials is kind of hard kind of not. There is even a full bottle of pancake syrup without a lid.. I'm surprised he did not get spilled it was packed pretty tight so that spillage would not happen but it doesn't have to dump it out which is a shame. Because I know that sooner or later, if I did not dump it out now, but it would spell and make her in this mess.. If I do this it will be a great step forward for me and my hoarding behavior. It's perfectly good syrup but no way for me to keep it and I bought a new bottle that I have not even opened yet when I moved in here. There were DVDs, CDs, important papers, a few more books and who knows what to do black bags. I'm kind of hoping my summer closer in their shorts and short sleeve shirts.


I was lucky today, Mark's family is still in Japan visiting one of the boys. Mark is on his own and I know he has Easter plans but not necessarily family plans So didn't feel too guilty asking for help today.He sandwiched me and between a couple of his projects and I'm grateful. I'm going to need some assistance going through a black bags as well some of the southern material to find a place for it and take away from the look of chaos. As we discussed things Mark indicated that he was looking at the possibility of getting a storage unit and would I be interested in going in with him on such a project. In my mind I thought ' boy, when stuff goes in there usually stays there until you die'. That such a task to go and get stuff after you get material in the storage unit. But maybe it's not such a bad idea. Storage, putting my life in storage guess that's where I've come to. I will probably go in with Mark on the storage unit just to see what having a storage unit feels like. Because really if you've got stuff to store and not can use it, really in mice will just throw it away. Maybe that's what the storage unit is the in between zone between ownership and freedom.

No comments: