Friday, April 28, 2017

More Buyers Remorse


I am really loving having my own Internet account. I have the account with Xfinity are more casually Comcast. I don't know if I'm stupid though there seems to be a great deal of speculation that I certainly might be but I am going to ride the wave for a bit just so I can enjoy having burning fast Internet connections. Around the first of the week I got a notification in the mail from Comcast X indicating I still owed them about $17 which is okay. This is what was left over after the process of beginning the system which is more money than I want to talk about here if there is a saving grace it's the fact that the pile of money at the beginning was, supposedly, one time costs. The bill was gracious enough to allow me to skate and tell 10 May for some ludicrous date. However I felt it was just wise to go ahead and pay the installation and swallow the bitter pill. I do indeed love not having to go upstairs to post items like this entry.

In trying to be conscientious I called Comcast this morning as I begin the bill paying process. I figured I would pay what was owed with my debit card. After all, I'm not sure what the going rate of the stamp is right now but I know I can use to $.32 stamps which I have an abundance and get the document mailed. I just didn't want to use up one of my counter checks that I'm using right now for rent and my home care.I must admit things are beginning to get a little uncomfortable in the finance department. I'm still okay – – I hope – – but the lump sum I been operating off of his be getting to dwindle to the point of concern. I'm okay for a number of months I believe until we can figure out what's can happen with the house. It took me a minute or two to go through the check-in process with Comcast you know when to talk about the call may be monitored, who did I want to talk to our what was my call about, in the be sure I had my account number. When I finally got through to a human being the headset I was using was beginning to wear out energy wise so I had to quickly figure out how to get the speakerphone operational on my cell phone. I never did figure that out and opted to hold the phone next to my ear the trolleys in such a bad deal and I should do it more help when you've got a perfectly good cell phone headpiece it's a shame not to use it. We did our vocal dance and the sucker punch came when I informed the person I was talking to that I wanted to pay my bill with my debit card. She was more than happy to assist with my payment. She did however states that I should be aware that if I were to use my debit card that I would also be charged $5.52 for a usage fee of the debit card. What a crock! I'm sure I'm going to double lambda anyway on my debit card why should I be burned even more because I chose to use the debit card and really the girl on the other and the lines just going to punch a couple keys on her keyboard and that's it. Five bucks almost 6 for not what a scam. So of course I told her to discontinue the project and that I would go ahead and send in a check via snail mail and call it good. She was okay with that of course I wouldn't she be? It is no sweat off her nose.

So the next 20 minutes I spent in finding the pen that I want to use, finding the actual bill and then finally my counter checksin finding a place to write out the check. I was surprised that I actually still had the envelope that came with the invoice. Totally amazing. For one reason or another I cannot get my hands on one of my forever stamps so I used to buy Marilyn Monroe's which are $.32 stamps. I think a stamp is about $.45 now I'm not sure so two of these 32 centrs should do it. I even used one of the return labels I made that I use for the girls letters everyone so I didn't have to fill out the return address. I was relieved when I dropped the document in the mailbox at the front of the building done. As always concluding my call with the Comcast girl I asked to them how much would be my next bill, my regular bill. She said $50! For some reason I thought it would be much less once again I will spend the weekend with buyers remorse.



No comments: