Thursday, April 20, 2017

Thanks But No Thanks


I believe I've written about Irene before in this blog. She's an older person who lives in the apartment complex quite an interesting person but she definitely focused on her own agenda which I totally respect and encourage. She's a crafty person she makes little boxes and other craft like items. For example this last Easter she made a slew of Easter candy mainly black and white rabbits, very small made out of chocolate which she poured and made the little bunnies. Then she made no packages of jellybeans and these chocolate bunnies and placed in the little boxes she made for her grandkids and for members of the Thursday morning coffee group. How kind. Couple weeks ago she stopped me after one of the coffee get-togethers and asked if I like classical music.. Of course responded in a positive. I do like classical very much. I have a small collection.. She asked if I'd like to take a number of CDs and listen to classical CDs that she had.. I was not terribly interested but I said that I would listen to them. But somewhere in the back of my mind I felt maybe I should decline. But I figured what the heck it cannot hurt. I was a bit confused as to whether she was letting me listen to the CDs or she wasgiving me the CDs. I was tempted just to place the CDs someplace where I knew I could get my hands on them if I needed. One Sunday morning I even listen to one of the CDs a collection of Beethoven. It was nice you got like music written by a deaf guy. Life goes on. Taxes came and there was chaos in my little apartment office area where I keep things piled up. The CDs became piled on. I would've liked again to have corralled them somewhere just in case. Dianne got the taxes done and I signed them. I continued to dump mail on that section of my office.

Yesterday I went to check my mail and past Irene. She stopped me and informed me that her brother-in-law has expressed interest in the CDs and that I needed to get them back to her. I'm sure I had deer in the headlights look at my face as she reminded me that “I did not GIVE those to you I just let you use them to listen to. I snapped out of my deer in the headlights look and assured her I would get close to her immediately. This morning was Coffee group. Irene always takes a very active role in assisting making the coffee and getting the refreshments out to the participants. I was keenly aware that I still needed to get the CDs back to her but I was even more aware that I didn't even know where the CDs were. I hadn't seen them forever and to make matters worse I did not know how many there were. Following the coffee group is it back to my apartment and started going through the pile of filing I've not yet gotten to. Soon I found one of the Cds's, and take a breath and then I found another and finally I found, on the floor facedown, the Beethoven CD. It seems like I had had more than three CDs but that was all I had now. I'm sure she was going to think I still had one somewhere and had lost it. I looked around the apartment found a plastic bag from the market dump the CDs and looked up her apartment and went up and knocked on the door.


Particular moment or two to open the door she confessed that she been playing video games I marveled. I handed her the bag she looked pleased in doing so I asked her to check to make sure they're there I wasn't sure she said yeah there's three that's all I they are all here. She smiled and shut the door I took him deep breath and headed back to my room making a commitment to myself that never will I accept this kind of arrangement again. It's just not worth the stress

No comments: