Monday, April 24, 2017

Run Around Day





I broke down and ordered internet at my apartment last week. I've had enough of having to go upstairs and use Apartments computers to update the blog. I know that's a first world problem but still it's just kind of drives me crazy not being able to upload and such as I would like to from my home computer system. when I ordered my Infiniti Comcast they said they would send the modem out immediately which I guess they did but of course the jerk from UPS didn't knock on my door at least I did not hear a knock on my door and I heard the little old lady who did knock on my door to tell me there is a tag stuck to my front door and of course it was UPS saying they tried to deliver a package and no one was home, which of course is BS I was home all day.  I don't think I mean just irritated cuz now I have to figure out pick up my modem you still have to install it myself or have somebody with good hands do the job. Of course the UPS Access Point s not readily  accessible by public transportation.  There's also major confusion as to which Access Point  my package is at .

I found the tag on the door Friday afternoon too late to get the package .  of course called the number hoping they would open late which might facilitate retrieval of some sort but all I got was a computerized voice. I left a message and was called this morning to let me know my packages at an access point which was different than what was on the tag. voice on the phone in for me the package was at an address  reached by public transportation. I figured why not? So I decided to dress warm and head out.

The day was not cold but the day was overcast and a light rain was falling.oh, yeah, I could not even collect my package till after 1:00 PM. No problem I had other things I could do which I did. Finally the time reached 1:00 PM . I had stopped and had lunch  at Smith's market at the deli. The rain was falling.oh a little harder as I found a bus to UPS.  I was not soaked but I was uncomfortable but I finally found the storefront and of course it was the wrong one the one I was supposed to go to was on the other side of town and I was not going to get there today. At this point I just wanted to get home and do my workout routine and get showered later on in the evening.

I want to try again tomorrow to see if I can get to the place and get my modem. tomorrow I have another meeting downtown and I just might try again. My son, who is much more practical than I, wants me to call UPS and have them put the package back on the truck and have them drop it off at my door. I'm going to ponder this tonight and maybe, just maybe I'll have them drop it off -- I just don't trust them.

Oh, I almost forgot going to the UPS Store  our bus got trapped there was an accident  just ahead of us and three fire engines. We can either go forward or back up we were stuck stranded for about 15 minutes. At one time it seemed more than six emergency vehicles for just a two car accident.

No comments: