Sunday, October 08, 2017

Chicken Soup For Soul


Temperature dropped last night it's not cold out but it's cooler than it has been. Days like this will really bring to the color out to the local trees I look forward to that immensely particularly,, with my tree outside my patio window. That tree is not yet begin to change and still has a piece of plastic in slims like debris between teeth and I hope can be eradicated somewhere along the line. The point that I'm making though is that I'm seriously thinking of making chicken soup today. Have a couple bones or chicken legs full of meat and the bones + have a piece of chicken given by one of the ladies here last week all of which is enough to make a chicken soup base. I know what I'd like to do – – chicken soup wise – – but I still would think I should check the Internet recipe base for heavy-duty garlic-based chicken soup options not only for me but my friend Gail Who texted me indicating she feels she may have picked up some flew somewhere and felt weak. I totally understand that I have felt so weak with whatever I got last week. I really think that I actually got some flew from the flu shot. That sort of shocking to me sense I've never necessarily felt that happening before although I've heard many people remark about getting a slight version of the flu after getting their inoculations.

But I'm really excited about doing today is putting on a roast.. I don't necessarily need to eat the roast today which I will of course some but have a garlic-based roast on throughout the week. I actually took the bus up to Harmon's yesterday and picked up the closest thing I could find to seven bone Or blade roast. I was going to throw the roast into a crockpot which I really like to do but then remembered I have lived in soup mix and roasting bags. I really enjoy the result of roasting bags and then maybe catch the drippings to consider a savory and delicious gravy. I thought about going to a movie this afternoon but really, cannot justify the time. I'm into the second week of October and have yet to mail off the kids letters. So I think it wise that I stay home cook my meals and write my letters and then if I have time to do something for me.


Okay, I've done the scan which revealed a number of fairly simple recipes for chicken soup. Of course, these soups are using chicken that is raw which has to be cooked for some time but I think that since the chicken parts I'm using are already cooked just a matter of chopping up the check and adding to the water the vegetables in such and then letting them cook significantly. The most important thing, I feel, is the use of garlic and I think I'm going to use garlic paste. I have some in the fridge and need to be using. Using garlic paste this now as much fun as smashing and mincing but much more practical, and will not wear me out. I also have a pie which I froze a couple weeks ago after I baked it which would also be fun to have this evening should I do the other parts. I don't know if Gail will come over if I make soup but I will certainly give her the option some chipmaker chicken soup.

No comments: