Sunday, October 15, 2017

Red Beans and Rice… Very Nice


I am this close to making red beans and rice. I think I now have all the ingredients that I need for the dish. I think I like red beans and rice a lot more than I've ever put on. I think I might even like the process of making red beans and rice once I get into it there's a lot of chopping goes on. I've often helped prep Dianne when she makes red beans and rice. Dianne makes good red beans and rice and she makes it look effortless to throw together this Louisiana dish.

Yesterday I got six cans of red beans. These are premium red beans that I've been using in salads but I also know they are the same beans used in red beans and rice. I was going to use brown rice that I got a couple weeks ago right about the time I rice makers came in. But I copped out and bought a bag of white rice the market this afternoon along the green pepper I need to make the rue for the red beans and rice. I have to admit a model intimidated and I do not think I'm going to make the dish today because I waited so long in the day. I watched to batch is a close I really do to batch the close in a week but this week is different change sheet so I had sheets to watch plus and begin to wear long pants again because the temperature drops adding to more clothes than usual or at least seems to be.


I've been at the apartments now almost exactly a year. It's weird to go one trip around the sun in a new spot. I'm basically settled in now. I am going to finish unpacking the next couple weeks I believe with the help of the new person coming on this week to help me keep the apartment fairly organized. I'm sort of excited about having her input. Just hope I can afford everything surely I can just I hate to spend. I think she is going to really help me sort through what I have and get rid of a lot of stuff I hope I can do it. Can you don't want to let her down even though I'm paying her to help me do this. Soon after I first moved in, as husband and know the lay of the land here in Taylorsville I thought I needed a new pot or a pot to cook soup, stews, roasts whatever. I found this little pot over at the polygamist store across the street. A paid way too much for it is not really what I wanted. I wanted something with lots of loops there be able to grab with my hook I didn't get it. I've had in the box ever sense and yesterday, while Carl was here I had Carl get the pot down. I was going use the pot for red beans and rice but I think I have another pot that might work is good if not better because I don't want to make a huge amount of red beans. I want to just make enough for a couple meals. I just want taste of red beans and rice that I've made with money rice maker and a couple cans of beans

No comments: