Saturday, October 21, 2017

Let Them Eat Cake

Image may contain: food and indoor
I really am enjoying my new person in my life, my cleaning professional – – note I did not say cleaning lady – – her name is Cindy and she's much much more than a cleaning lady. She likes to have the “client” present when she starts a job. She feels it's a meeting of the minds so that when she's cleaning she's cleaning what I want and not necessarily what she wants which I think is chemical. The only problem I experience if it is a problem is that I tend to yack a lot when she's around, just talk talk talk. I worry that time extending her time by talking. Maybe that's what I really want to pay for: a friend.

We've pretty much got a great start on the apartment she ascribed the bathroom, put my bedroom in order to change my sheets vacuumed both floors in the living room and the bedroom and scrubbed the kitchen floor, literally scrubbed with a less than adequate mop and then the old rags on your feet skate around the floor trick. We went to my closets or my cupboards and in doing so I noticed I had a couple of cake mixes, boxed cake mixes you know, Betty Crocker etc. I've been thinking about baking a cakefor some time now. I probably didn't bake just because the kitchen was such a mess and I didn't want to add to that chaos. But when Cindy left yesterday the house was pretty orderly. The top of the stove and been cleaned off as had the sinks. I really felt enabled to cook which is pretty cool.

Last week I prepared a roast. I enjoy the roast had a number of meals off of it yet still had quite a bit left. I've been pondering about making a roast beef hash. I enjoyed roast beef hash not as much as I enjoy corn beef hash but hashes hash anything to put ketchup on. So this afternoon after I had finished washing my clothes for the week I dived into making the hash. (I think hash making was a plan to circumvent folding clothes.) Well making the hash worked.. I used one of the canceled potatoes but I get on food box they, added one chopped onion three toes of garlic smashed and chopped, carrots peeled and sliced. Sliced up and chopped up the roast beef left over and through everything in a skillet and frighted up. Kind of wish I had one might big deep skillets with the glass lids but I don't. I think I should've tried the roast in the potatoes independently then add the vegetables to finish the dish but I have the vegetables in the roast and the Tatars all the same time. Seemed to work. The garlic really did a great job of smelling up the apartment I really appreciated that.I was a little bummed that all this great hash cooked down significantly. I probably have just enough for one meal after I eat the initial mail. I was hoping out have enough for a number of days. I'm almost out of red beans and rice now too. After I finished my hash and took a quick breather going down the front of the building and visiting the folks there for a minute or two. On my return is ready to start the cake. It was passed 6 o'clock but I didn't care I was up for it. The cake went quickly ttogether. I found a pan that will do the trick greased it and then found the beater and went to work. I added the oil, eggs, cup and a half of water and then beat the hell out of it at a high-speed. I certainly haven't at 350 for 35 minutes and soon had a cake. The cake is pretty light – – I wish it was more dense heavier. I wish I had a can of frosting. But it's a cake and something to snack on that's what I wanted. The cake breaks up easily. I let the cake rest cool off for half an hour to is warm enough that I could get out of it, and without burning myself or tipping the cake over. Cut off the end and to get over to my neighbor she was delighted even without frosting. Still have the force of the big cake and that's probably too much hopefully it will dry out quickly I can use it to pour milk over.


I really felt great doing this cooking and sending the kitchen and entropy but, that's what you get to do with the new cleaning lady.

No comments: