Friday, October 27, 2017

Meat Loaf!!



Two or three days ago I picked up a pound of hamburger. No big deal. I've been hankering for a meatloaf for a couple weeks. And I thought the first this week that I would go ahead and make one. Sadly however, the meatloaf has sat in the refrigerator turning brown. Each day is not I would mix the concoction of a meatloaf for that evening but for one reason or another the day happened. Tuesday I was in meetings downtown all day, Wednesday I was downtown with a meeting at DRAC And yesterday I was again involved with volunteer work outside of my apartment and by the time I got home I did not have the energy or drive to put a meatloaf together. I wanted the meatloaf so today I committed.. I did not have anything planned outside for today. The only thing that was on the agenda was my home health person coming in for my program. That was 8 AM and only for an hour. I think I was so excited however about not having to go out today that I really woke up at 430 and couldn't get back to sleep. I stayed in bed till 5:45 manager myself into my chair made coffee and begin prepping for the meatloaf.

I chopped onion, green pepper and tore up a hamburger bun for part of the binding ingredients. I really do love the cooking process when I have the ingredients and utensils needed. I also promised myself a movie today so I set aside the ingredients for the dish and left the apartment about 11 AM for a 12 noon movie. The movie was okay – – a lot of special-effects which is why I went. The storyline was kind of weak but entertaining just the same I can forgive a lot of sins for good special-effectsPeriods

I stayed focused when I got home and even though I was somewhat tired went to work on the meatloaf. Earlier in the week I had my home healthcare person, Dana pull out my heavy-duty mixer. I love this mixer. I had Dana put the mixer on one of my kitchen chairs where I can reach the mixer easily and safely. I dumped everything I needed into the mixing bowl that the switch mixed it up and threw it in the preheated oven.. I had an hour for the meatloaf to cook so I hopped on my arm bike and began my workout but of course the phone rang and it was Gail. Do you want to know if I was home because she was going to bring by a gift. All right. I waited around Gail came and sure enough she did have a treat she had a whole plate of meatloaf she had made for five good slices. She seems so excited to hand me this gift and I was excited to receive but in the back of one mind of course thinking now got to meatloaf's when it rains it pours. Gail can only stay a few seconds she was on her way to another client. She did not smell the odor coming from the oven. My meatloaf was nearly finished.


I am so blessed who would ever thought that I would and the day with meatloaf to freeze. I don't know if I'm going to freeze scales meatloaf are mine and maybe parts of both. But I certainly have meatloaf for the next week. I am so taking care of I have so much to be thankful for.

No comments: