Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Staying Visible



I feel like I am becoming invisible little by little. I've noticed this for a number of years all started couple of years ago when I was looking information about someone I used to work with, Nurse Betsy. She was a nurse practitioner hired by the community health clinic System I used to work with. I researched the clinic on the Internet and found all kinds of images of the clinic and the folks over there all the folks except me. Not being a member like this kind of hurt , I have worked with the system for about two years. I showed up daily, I rode circuit on the four clinics, The old Chevrolet van José used to drive. I came upon this by mistake, I was looking for something else.

Yesterday, you might recall my concern about the piece of plastic caught in my tree. I was going to call the Utah nonprofit housing Corporation, the private nonprofit agency which owns the property were I Live. I was going ask if the agency might have a Truck was a boom or ladder which might be used to clean the debris from the tree. Because I can never remember the phone number for the agency I often go to their website and this I did yesterday. While I was at the website I thought what the heck, I'll just check it out and of course I clicked on the Board of Directors and imagine my shock when I saw that I was not listed among the Board of Directors! I do not know how long I have served on the board I know at least 20 years because my board service was connected with my employment with the independent living center. As I looked around the website there was no record of me there anywhere. They had a number of images from different functions and programs. Other members of the board are dutifully recorded but I am not. I'm trying to say this is no big deal and it wouldn't be if I had not neglected on the history of the neighborhood health program in Nampa Idaho. It's not that I want to blow my horn so much as I want to be recognized for being there for being somewhere for doing something of having done something. My life is coming to an end in places where I should be recognized I am not. The great vanishing Mark that's me.

I don't know if I'm a boob are exactly what but I'm going to at least contact the folks at the corporate office and see what gives. Am I a board member? Am I counted as a board member,,am I recognized as a board member? I just really want to know.. I'm sure there's more productive things I could do with my afternoon four times a year when there's a board meeting. I am grateful for getting this apartment and sticking with this apartment. I hope the agitation doesn't bother my lease. Perhaps what I really need to worry about is this trend staying visible.



No comments: