Tuesday, October 31, 2017

I Deserve


Yesterday I got the call. It was Brian from my newest durable medical provider. My wheelchair guy. I started with this group a year or so ago on the weight of my occupational therapist Kacey.. Casey
was disappointed with all the other wheelchair shops in town. So, I have given this group, this new group IHC wheelchair shop, the benefit of the doubt in my business. This project started in the middle of the summer and now it is almost Winter but I'm okay. Couple weeks ago The foot pedals on my power chair got so bad I called and my brother Carl, once again, to see what you do.Carl is great! Once again he put together a device that he made which spread by the pedals apart given me a place but my feet as well as a place to push off of to assist in getting dressed and undressed. The fix is such a good fix I almost hate to jinx it with the wheelchair shop.

Brian called to advise me, yesterday, that Medicare and come through with the authorization for all the repairs we plan to do with my ppower chair.New batteries, new question, new footplate configuration and an update to the electronics of my chair which have been getting quite worried about in the past couple of weeks. This is going to cost thousands of dollars and in many ways this like getting a new chair. This chair I'm in now (the one getting the overhaul) is only 2 ½ years old and I'm not eligible for another chair for another 2 ½ years. I'm trying not to get excited but the excitement began to creep in. I wish I can have this all done tomorrow but that's not the way it is going to go. IHC is going to amass all parts which I guess is going to take a couple weeks. When the gotten all the equipment that will be replaced they will send a van out to pick up my Chair. They will collect my device in the evening or afternoon and then spend the next day doing the change out. My chair will be returned and the following day. This is the best option all things considered. So, during this time when I chair will be at the shop I will be in my backyard chair. This meeting would have to put the chair of the charger and suffer the discomfort for 24 to 48 hours. I just

Don't know if my butt can handle this time in my backup chair. I am even considering maybe staying in bed for most of that time. I would have to back up chairr next to the bed but basically I would stay in bed over that time. This is nice to think about but I don't know if I could really do it.

So I am trying not to be too excited to many times things that happened and dashed my hopes. But I still got a good feeling all Is going to go well. After all I deserve… Don't you think?


No comments: