Friday, October 20, 2017

Don't Be Looking Up



I'm quite fortunate that I live in an apartment complex which is well served by public transit. I don't think I could want a better living situation transportation speaking. All I have to do is to go out my backdoor and through the gate, with the automatic door opener which I have a key that I can open just by pressing my backpack, and there I am right on Redwood road. Whether I am going north or whether I'm going south each direction will land me on a TraX station. During the week the bus runs on 15 minute headways which means every 15 minutes a bus stops at that stop. At different times the day later in the day the buses become less and less frequent and eventually stopping only oonce an hour in the last couple hours of the transit day. Since I travel during the midday time I'm always pleased to enjoy the 15 minute headways. Many times I will get to the bus stop, knowing that I have 10 minutes or so to wait and I will recline in my chair in order to wait shift and skip myself back up to the top of my chair/seat as well is to take the weight off my butt.

Yesterday afternoon I was on my way to the library for the Last Chapter book club reading It was about 3 o'clock on a beautiful afternoon – – the wind had been blowing warm air from the South. As I sat at the bus stop I heard I cacophony above my wheelchair. It did not take long and tilting back in my chair that I realized there was quite a crew of birds sitting on wires above my power chair. The past couple weeks I have enjoyed taking images with my cell phone as I'm in the prone position looking up. I really of harvested some very nice images so I figured why not add this blare cacophony to the list. In the time I was prepping my cell phone camera to take the image I had a fleeting thought of that would be just too funny for some bird room let loose in turn which fell right on me. I shook my head and laughed and thought “nahh, what are the chances?” As soon as I ha said/thought this a black image zoom past my vision and I felt a heavy wet substance at my chest. I could not believe what it happened. Some idiot bird let one go on me! I had to think in the same instant some idiot reclined his power chair underneath a swarm of birds yakking their heads off why wouldn't they take the opportunity to drop a load?


I was pleasantly freaked out. Add one of black longsleeved T and of course the poop was black and white riding right on my chest warm and I'm sure gooey. I sat there a couple seconds before I began sitting myself back up and figuring out what I was going to do with a poop the size of my fingernail of my little finger. Because of where the guano was sitting in the fact that shirt was black I didn't think it called too much attention to itself so I figured if I could get to a fast food joint decoupled napkins I could just scrape the poop off, which I did. I of course smudged the pile of putrid poop.. I got a handful of napkins at the Arctic Circle in back of the bus stop including myself off. I returned the bus stop with the knowledge of staying away from choruses of chirping birds.

No comments: