Saturday, October 07, 2017

Customer Service


This last week has been quite challenging to me. I did something to myself when I fell out of bed and was lodged between my chair in my bed for two or three hours. It's not like a torn ligament or anything like that to just the right side is somewhat impaired more so than usual. But I'll watch it closely and if needs be I might even up to do some physical therapy. On top of the physical setback I also picked up some sort of illness I think possibly a bladder infection got out of control plus I had a touch of flu I think one day which really focused my attention on maybe I should get a flu shot. I'm kind of trying a new medical system at least trying out is how it feels to me. It is a home health service that uses nurse practitioners (that other folks refer to as doctors and I think the practitioners also do as well). I'm a snob I'm well aware that many practitioners, who worked for physicians who have Mds actually carry a lot of the load that the Mds used to carry. When I was at the University medical system by primary caregiver was a practitioner and I really saw the M.D. She worked under which was just as well. There's a whole question as far as me using this service. If I chose to use the service they would provide my catheters, and actual in apartment medical support like if I need will care they would send somebody out to work with my issues. The same way with OT and PT's supposedly. The only drawback (and I've known this for some time that's why I haven't gone this route when everybody asked me well why don't you go to this provider that provided here on Medicare) technically, in the eyes of the law I have to be (homebound). What this means is that I cannot go and do what I want to do and go anytime that I want. This literally means I cannot leave the apartment technically speaking. I don't know how many people abuse this and they use and are on the services but seems a little spooky to me. I'm still having to ascertain whether having the service would be worth the risk. My guy, Kyle the nurse practitioner, looks at me and says yes your homebound all you got is your power chair you cannot go far in power chairso yes, technically your homebound. As I said that would be nice as I understand things but I also feel a little weird about the whole thing. I get the feeling tthank you to all Kyle is trying to sell cars and in trying to sell as many cars as he can by the end of the year – – and folks with disabilities/seniors is the product.. I'm going to return to this in another blog Kyle the nurse practitioners is not what I wanted to write about today. The nurse came out after I visited with Kyle took a urine sample and the blood sample. And of course I had an infection – – I always do – – and so I had them send the script over to Fresh Market, the supermarket across the street. So yesterday, was feeling a little bit better I got dressed across the street to pick up my meds and I thought well I'll get my flu shot now having found my card Medicare card.. This time however the manager of the pharmacy said he called my card in and it was only valid for flu shots in doctor's offices.. I thought this so stupid it just seemed like another layer of stupidity from the store. This answer seemed bogus to me so I gathered up my documentation plus my medication and headed out the door. There is a major pharmacy next to this market so I figured why not give it a shot. I zipped inand found the pharmacist gave me my documentation we came back within seconds and said, “yeah, no problem”. I don't know why the pharmacist acted in such a way. Clearly he lost the store money. The pharmacy next door picked it up.. While I was at the pharmacy had them give me a card so I could have it to send my next prescription to. I'm taking my business next door.. This seems like a little thing,a little personal protest, the lead me to understand the whole concept of customer service, good customer service. Aand not going to use that pharmacy again… I'm going next door

No comments: